Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Well, 2015 is over...

ahopkins22LSV

Nice! Yesterday might have been it for me. Was hoping to get out this afternoon but couldn't get away from the conference calls, plus it was crazy windy. Might get out yet on the 8th for my friend's bday but that'd be in the dry-suit if it happens at all.

Can't complain about any skiing in November though!

Well it may of healed up temporarily so the day wasn't a total waste. Air 72. Water 58. First week of November in Michigan.

Got a couple of runs through course and dropped our course. Thanks for your help @woods you ripped in up pretty fell.

@onamission: you are very welcome and thanks for the pull, great to get some time behind the boat in November in Michigan. Sad to pull a course for the last time as the sun quickly drops below the horizon. Gorgeous boat & awesome color combo. Thanks again, this opportunity only possible thanks to this site and the great Bu owners who participate.

River 62. Time to break out the dry suit.

Do you want to be on the call list? We went on short notice yesterday which is usually the case for our winter runs. We watch the weather. Air has to be 60+, sunny, no wind and water isn't usually any colder than 50. Wetsuit is easily doable. Dry suit is prolly even better but I'm too cheap to invest on one. There's a group of 3 of us that are pretty regular. We are even known to poach it without a spotter if we don't have a 3rd. Always looking forward to finding others willing to brave the harsh california winters.

Edited by isellacuras

My 6th annual birthday ski last weekend....this was the first where I wasn't in a wetsuit!!! Water was 61F air 65F....I did not look like a hero when I got out of the water. I was a bit bummed our course isn't ski-able :(

20151025_130822_zpsdzkkggj7.jpg

Edited by Joeprunc

My 6th annual birthday ski last weekend....this was the first where I wasn't in a wetsuit!!! Water was 61F air 65F....I did not look like a hero when I got out of the water. I was a bit bummed our course isn't ski-able :(

20151025_130822_zpsdzkkggj7.jpg

Nice form Joe ! One river east there are 2 courses that ski at low tide :)

• Like 1

Nice form Joe ! One river east there are 2 courses that ski at low tide :)

I've been on both courses quite a bit lately, I'm liking how fast the water is this time of year....but last weekend I didn't feel comfortable with the driver making those entries.

We miss you over at the other course, give me a call if you need a third I'd love to ski with you guys....I'd love to meet you out there, plus you have to see the new boat ;)

32FC52A9-89EA-424B-8FCD-DDA8072BF879_zps

Edited by Joeprunc
ahopkins22LSV

^^Great skiing and beautiful boat! The area you guys live in is pretty cool. I imagine that it is pretty easy to find a stretch of calm water.

Because I am a Google Earth nerd, where are the courses at you guys are talking about?

I've been on both courses quite a bit lately, I'm liking how fast the water is this time of year....but last weekend I didn't feel comfortable with the driver making those entries.

We miss you over at the other course, give me a call if you need a third I'd love to ski with you guys....I'd love to meet you out there, plus you have to see the new boat ;)

32FC52A9-89EA-424B-8FCD-DDA8072BF879_zps

Love this boat, Joe!! It's a lot like mine.....just reverse colors. Love it!

^^Great skiing and beautiful boat! The area you guys live in is pretty cool. I imagine that it is pretty easy to find a stretch of calm water.

Because I am a Google Earth nerd, where are the courses at you guys are talking about?

DWSC is in Old River near Fey Island and BWSC is in Middle River near Victoria Island. You can always find some calm water but there is a learning curve in the Delta.

ahopkins22LSV

DWSC is in Old River near Fey Island and BWSC is in Middle River near Victoria Island. You can always find some calm water but there is a learning curve in the Delta.

I can imagine and those courses look like they are tucked away nicely! Very cool.

Got one last ski in yesterday - not bad for Minnesota in mid-November. A new late season record for me that'll probably stand for quite sometime.

Neighbor just picked up a Nautique 196 that was already winterized and I prodded him a little bit to get one ski in before the cold comes. "How are you gonna be able to make it through the winter not knowing how your new boat skis??" - "direct drives are pretty easy to drain ya know..."

img_3145_zpspcwqv7us.jpg

img_9696_zpsw1jutmtu.jpg

img_9708_zps8nzt8ibd.jpg

• Like 2