Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Well, 2015 is over...

ahopkins22LSV

We should have a couple more weeks if the weather holds out. Water was 58 and we still have our course up, ran a couple of 22 off in a dry suit.

Oil change in the spring before the season, midway through the season and at the end of the season.

I seriously think it was my best run of the year! Unfortunately, also probably the last one. I'm already looking forward to next Spring.

Thanks again for the pull!

Looking good fellas! Don't you feel restricted in wetsuits?? I skied in mine a few times this Fall, and it seems like a different ball game. Of course it's great to get out any way possible, and if it takes a wetsuit, then so be it!

Edit: Also glad to see you beat your total number of sets from last year! Nice work!

Edited by Sixer
ahopkins22LSV

We should have a couple more weeks if the weather holds out. Water was 58 and we still have our course up, ran a couple of 22 off in a dry suit.

Oil change in the spring before the season, midway through the season and at the end of the season.

Nice! We pulled our course a few weeks ago. Work is getting crazy in the next few weeks and having a few thing fixed before the boat goes to storage. Don't want to push it too long with still having to get the boat to storage after the work is done.

ahopkins22LSV

Looking good fellas! Don't you feel restricted in wetsuits?? I skied in mine a few times this Fall, and it seems like a different ball game. Of course it's great to get out any way possible, and if it takes a wetsuit, then so be it!

Edit: Also glad to see you beat your total number of sets from last year! Nice work!

In my wetsuit, no I don't feel restricted. In my dry suit which I wore yesterday. Yes I most defiantly do. It's a baggy suit so there is a lot of resistance. But I was dry so it's worth it!

Apologies in advance but this is the annual time of the year when we in Australia get to say 'we are just getting started" :biggrin:

That said, I had a deal with the kids that we'd ski at least once a month even through winter this year and we were successful, which was pretty cool (in more ways than one - had to break out the dry suits for 3 months) so I guess we never really stopped ...

We are very lucky .... if you are ever in AU @ Christmas time then don't forget to call !

Nice! We pulled our course a few weeks ago. Work is getting crazy in the next few weeks and having a few thing fixed before the boat goes to storage. Don't want to push it too long with still having to get the boat to storage after the work is done.

We just pull our buoys and let in sink, it will be up till Nov 8th.

Winterizing and storage is at most an hour. Winterize in the driveway, then put her in the garage.

My Eagle dry suit fits very nice with a thin life jacket inside, less resistance then my other dry suits, as stated ran a nice 22 off yesterday.

Not sure if anyyone wants to continue their year and make it to Middle Straits with short notice let me know. ( if the weather looks good maybe a days notice).

Sunday was it for me, time to winterize the boat and store all the gear. Water 55ish, air 53ish, cloudy with a 7mph wind. Funny thing is that the air felt fine it was just the initial plunge into the water that sucks. Water was pretty flat everywhere on Minnetonka, only other non fishing boat we saw out there was another VTX or LSV with 3 girls skiing, all the surfers must have packed it in early.

When my driver is wearing a coat and wrapped in a blanket I know it is time to be done because it isn't going to get any warmer and she is only out there so I can ski. 6 weeks until downhill race season starts.

post-22501-0-58237700-1445946551_thumb.j

Edited by oldjeep

Way to keep it going guys! Like to see the ski pics and boats.

We were hoping to get out once more, but it cooled off a bit too quick here in NH. Looking forward to next year.

Sunday was it for me, time to winterize the boat and store all the gear. Water 55ish, air 53ish, cloudy with a 7mph wind. Funny thing is that the air felt fine it was just the initial plunge into the water that sucks. Water was pretty flat everywhere on Minnetonka, only other non fishing boat we saw out there was another VTX or LSV with 3 girls skiing, all the surfers must have packed it in early.

When my driver is wearing a coat and wrapped in a blanket I know it is time to be done because it isn't going to get any warmer and she is only out there so I can ski. 6 weeks until downhill race season starts.

attachicon.gifWP_20151025_13_47_24_Pro 690609.jpg

I'm surprised at the temps you're telling us. I thought it would be much colder there. We are having consistent temps in the 20's and 30's already!

Apologies in advance but this is the annual time of the year when we in Australia get to say 'we are just getting started" :biggrin:

That said, I had a deal with the kids that we'd ski at least once a month even through winter this year and we were successful, which was pretty cool (in more ways than one - had to break out the dry suits for 3 months) so I guess we never really stopped ...

We are very lucky .... if you are ever in AU @ Christmas time then don't forget to call !

And why arent we all inviting ourselves over?

I'm surprised at the temps you're telling us. I thought it would be much colder there. We are having consistent temps in the 20's and 30's already!

It was actually 85F 2 sundays ago. Been a warmer than normal fall so far, lows at night are only down to high 30's. But don't worry, I'm sure we'll get our normal week of -20F lows in Jan.

Edited by oldjeep

Made it out last week for a birthday ski ride. water was a bit chilly (58deg) but the air was nice enough (73deg) we didn't use any wetsuits. Great birthday present! Winterized the FXi this weekend but I may still sneak a trick ride or 2 in behind the jetski if we get a few nice days

Birthday%2010-21-15_zps4ifqsj5i.jpg?1445

• Like 2

Made it out last week for a birthday ski ride. water was a bit chilly (58deg) but the air was nice enough (73deg) we didn't use any wetsuits. Great birthday present! Winterized the FXi this weekend but I may still sneak a trick ride or 2 in behind the jetski if we get a few nice days

Birthday%2010-21-15_zps4ifqsj5i.jpg?1445

What boat is this?

Badger was at 33 mph and I was at 34. You should see it at 36 :) The beauty of the TXi :) :)

I don't think you should have to slow down in the "No Wake" zones. No speed zones would be another story.... :)

What boat is this?

My father's 1988 Nautique. Ran a lot of sets through the course this year with his boat. 1900+ original hours and still running strong!

• Like 3