Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

water ski school & resort

socalsarge

Hey Crew,

Looking to book a long weekend in Florida for an anniversary. I think the wife would love to do a ski school/resort type thing. Any recommendations on a good ski school / resort? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

@socalsarge: there are numerous schools in Florida, the two that come to mind as far as resort style are Sammy Duvall's school at Disney World and what was formerly the Swiss Ski School in Clermont. Jack Travers Sunset Lakes school is very good but not really a resort. The ultimate resort ski school is Gordun Rathbun's school in Acapulco Whatever school you pick, I am sure you and the better half will have an awesome time.

Edited by Woodski

Hey Crew,

Looking to book a long weekend in Florida for an anniversary. I think the wife would love to do a ski school/resort type thing. Any recommendations on a good ski school / resort? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Go to the boarding school. Period. Its a little spendy($400/day), but it comes with a place to stay, food and there is never a ripple on the lake. Check out their facebook page. The pictures Travis posts is literally what it looks like all day every day. Ive been there twice and plan to go back.

Brian

• Like 2

Go to the boarding school. Period. Its a little spendy($400/day), but it comes with a place to stay, food and there is never a ripple on the lake. Check out their facebook page. The pictures Travis posts is literally what it looks like all day every day. Ive been there twice and plan to go back.

Brian

+1

The Wilson Bros are great. Go ski with them at The Boarding School!

There are very nice houses for rent at Travers, and they have what they call explores package, half day of skiing and the rest to do what up want. Wilson Brothers is nice for skiing but not much around in the area. Matt Rink's is another nice place along with Jodi's. Best thing is call them and ask what they offer and match that with yours. If your not taking your own equipment down, (skis, vest, gloves, rope and handle), make sure if they have rental equipment and what it is.

Last couple of times we went it was a lot cheaper to fly into Tampa along with the car rental. It just a little over an hour from the Tampa airport to Travers and no toll roads.

Edited by onamission

Thanks for all the suggestions. After calling a few places, I decided on Jodi's, I think they'll more than meet our expectations. Booked 3 days of skiing, the wife is stoked, what a great way to spend the 10 year anniversary!!!

A found shipping my equipment FedEx the easiest. You can have them shipped to the school or a close FedEx office. I've shipped both ways. Trip to Florida last February we took down 2 skis with double boots, 2 life jackets, 2 wetsuits, rope and handle, towels and tool kit. $78.

http://cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/editor/gt/9cezrsokulvs.jpg

• 1 month later...