Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 vlx Depth Gauge Not Working

I have a few questions regarding my depth gauge.

1. My boat had a airman s300 speed sensor and water sensor installed in it before I bought it. Did the original sensor that was replaced send the signal to the gauge cluster? Is that how the boat received its depth reading. No depth now.

2. If that sensor location is not for depth, does anyone know where depth sensor is?

3. Does anyone have a schematic or know where to get one.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure if this applies, but on my 2008 LSV, I have a depth sensor that is mounted on the starboard side, very near the v-drive. It is mounted to the inside surface of the hull. My speed pickup is a paddle wheel, located about the same location but on the port side. I am not sure where the water temp sensor is.

If it's like my 2005, depth was sent from the thru hull transducer on starboard side of vdrive to the depth module under the dash and then to the gauge cluster. Water temp comes from the speedo paddle wheel on the port side and that wire goes directly to the speedometer. If you are missing the depth module (easy to find if it is there since it says depth module on it) then you're looking at getting a new depth finder system and will not be able to have it show up on the speedometer gauge display. I tried.

Just pick up a nice depth finder and don't bother with setting it up like factory. There are good threads on here about how to do it. The factory ones are unreliable and parts are super expensive.