Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
evanlaczi

Oil hose ripped. How do I get it off?

evanlaczi

The oil hose ripped off on my response lx oil change. How do I get it off? And what do I replace it with?

toddthelineman

You could cut it where it ripped, get a barbed male/male brass fitting, and hose clamp the hose back together. Cheap and easy.

oldjeep

Reach under with a wrench and remove either the banjo bolt or unthread the 90 degree fitting from the pan depending on what style it is. I added a drain line to an lxi last year, not a ton of space under there, but enough.

Bill_AirJunky

This explains why it takes all night to drain. :wine:

So true. It's a LOT faster to pump it out at the same time.

davemac

The oil hose ripped off on my response lx oil change. How do I get it off? And what do I replace it with?

Just curious....how and where did it "rip"?

MadMan

Well I guess you could feel fortunate that this didn't happen out on the lake, engine running.

evanlaczi

Hose was old and ripped. Got it off what a pain. Mirrors and lots of frustration