Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

You know what really grinds my gears...

Arick

I don't mind people that drive the speed limit, I just don't like the ones that go exactly the speed limit in the fast lane. I could be going 10 over in the fast lane and if someone come up behind me, I move over as quick as possible. If I'm passing someone, I speed up, move over, and slow back down.

Plus the fact that almost every car sold in the last 20 years reads 3 MPH fast on the dash. That means you have a bunch of people in the left lane who think they are going the speed limit, but are actually going 3 under, and won't move to the right.

I really don't care how fast you drive, but please know where I am and don't impede the flow of traffic. Having just driven two weeks on the Autobahn in Germany, I can tell you that it works out better for everyone. Give it a try!

• Like 3

I use a speed app on my phone to test all my cars to make sure they register the proper speed. I also have used the 60 second 60 mph from milemarker to milemarker check as well. As long as i have the right size tires on the car they are pretty accurate. It suprised me. I think gary must be that guy behind me.

Probably not me, I don't tend to ride too closely. But if you give me a few seconds, I won't be behind you very long.

And my experience with checking car speeds with GPS shows me that almost all of them read 3 MPH fast with the factory tires. I think the manufacturers do it to help meet CAFE standards.

And my experience with checking car speeds with GPS shows me that almost all of them read 3 MPH fast with the factory tires. I think the manufacturers do it to help meet CAFE standards.

i think that is a concession for the lawyers:

if that speedo indicates low it would cost the mfgrs via law suits for literally every accident.

not many get lathered up if the speedo indicates a bit high.

(just vw meets cafes w bent speedo cals :)