Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

You know what really grinds my gears...

Arick

IMO, This is going to turn in to a very very very long hundreds of pages topic.

People who rely on the internet for there pet care information rather than talking to a veterinarian. Dr Google is a dumb a** way more times than he is correct and I have even seen him kill a few animals - God knows what he's doing to humans!

Recently I started meeting buyers at a local pub. Then if they don't show up, I'm not waiting for them, I'm sitting on the patio with a beer in my hand watching the game.

Great idea ^^^^ :cheers:

• Like 1

People that don't know how to board or de-board an air plane.

People that try to pass check-in sized luggage as carry on luggage, get caught, and then rudely tell the airport employee how they always fly with that bag as a carry on and have never been called on it before. That really grinds my gears..

Edited by Zac

That being said, whats the policy here on TMC for the classifieds? I see a few boats with no prices.

EDIT

Whats the the thought on not making the price required? Just curious.

Posting in the Classifieds: The Rules
· Please post one item per ad.
· No negative comments. If you see an issue, contact the seller or a moderator via pm.
· Use the question feature to ask about an item. These are displayed publicly, and other members may have the same question.
· Ads are free to subscribers and cost $5 per ad for non-subscribers.
· All ads expire after 60 days, and can be renewed within 30 days of expiration.
· Attached images must be less than 500KB in file size. There is no limit on how many images that you may attach.
· Close your ad if you sell the item.
· Do not post links to ads from other sites, such as Ebay or Craigslist.
· Want-to-buy or freebie posts should go in the appropriate forum.
· Protect yourself. Be careful about giving any sensitive information to prospective buyers, not just the hull ID#.
· The standard Terms of Use apply.

Edited by Arick

People who respond to adds wit 'Whats the lowest you'll take".

Make a reasonable offer or move on.

That's funny..........when I sold my boat I was asked that exact question. That was followed by offers starting 4k below my lowest........then 3k below.........and so on. Finally agreed on $300 off my lowest, and it was done. :)

People who respond to adds wit 'Whats the lowest you'll take".

Make a reasonable offer or move on.

Better yet I saw a price with an obo after it. I made an offer and the response from the seller was his price was firm lol.

I hate it when you're walking down a hallway and someone approaches you......then they try to move out of the way and move to their left.....wtf.....move right we are in the US, don't you drive....GRRRRR!!!!!

People that don't know how to board or de-board an air plane.

People that try to pass check-in sized luggage as carry on luggage, get caught, and then rudely tell the airport employee how they always fly with that bag as a carry on and have never been called on it before. That really grinds my gears..

OMG YES!!!!!! I just love waiting to de-board while passengers retrieve their kitchen sinks. Thankfully, I fly enough that I get bumped from steerage to 1st class where at least it is tolerable.

I hate it when you're walking down a hallway and someone approaches you......then they try to move out of the way and move to their left.....wtf.....move right we are in the US, don't you drive....GRRRRR!!!!!

I have always wondered if that was caused by a left handed person meeting a right handed person...are the tendencies different?

I have always wondered if that was caused by a left handed person meeting a right handed person...are the tendencies different?

see this a bunch in the caribbean where there is a mix or european and american.

really gets some people steamed.

i wonder how long it takes some people to realize that the reason is because they drive on the 'other' side.

That's funny..........when I sold my boat I was asked that exact question. That was followed by offers starting 4k below my lowest........then 3k below.........and so on. Finally agreed on $300 off my lowest, and it was done. :)

What's the highest you'll pay?

Better yet I saw a price with an obo after it. I made an offer and the response from the seller was his price was firm lol.

obo - "or best offer." Does not mean the same thing as "negotiable." To many people, it means "my floor is this amount, so the best offer I get over the floor is what I'll sell it for." I've seen a race car bring nearly 20% more than its asking price when listed that way, and after having sold both my Axis and another of my cars in a matter of hours with several other interested parties, everything I sell that is rarer than say a Toyota Camry is going to be sold that way. Say, anyone here in the market for a race car (Porsche 968)?

obo - "or best offer." Does not mean the same thing as "negotiable." To many people, it means "my floor is this amount, so the best offer I get over the floor is what I'll sell it for." I've seen a race car bring nearly 20% more than its asking price when listed that way, and after having sold both my Axis and another of my cars in a matter of hours with several other interested parties, everything I sell that is rarer than say a Toyota Camry is going to be sold that way. Say, anyone here in the market for a race car (Porsche 968)?

I've never looked at obo as being the bottom price. To me obo and price negotiable mean the same thing. I have used it in adds in the past and never had an offer over the price I've asked (often below market value just to get it moving).

I've never seen obo interpreted as 'my floor is this amount'. Although, it could be area dependent on what the norm is. In my area obo definitely means price negotiable.

• Like 3

I've never looked at obo as being the bottom price. To me obo and price negotiable mean the same thing. I have used it in adds in the past and never had an offer over the price I've asked (often below market value just to get it moving).

I've never seen obo interpreted as 'my floor is this amount'. Although, it could be area dependent on what the norm is. In my area obo definitely means price negotiable.

This. I view obo as, I will take as close to my asking as I can get if I cannot get asking price. If you're getting multiple offers above asking price, you have priced too low to begin with. Then there is the whole psychological aspect where some people need to negotiate to feel they are getting a good deal. I had that happen On the boat I sold this summer over $50.

I agree. I've used CL since it came out, and was a frequent user of other classified ads before that. This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this.

PNW, if this is your philosophy, I think you should probably spell it out to your buyers because I doubt many of them have this same idea too.

This. I view obo as, I will take as close to my asking as I can get if I cannot get asking price. If you're getting multiple offers above asking price, you have priced too low to begin with. Then there is the whole psychological aspect where some people need to negotiate to feel they are getting a good deal. I had that happen On the boat I sold this summer over $50.

Urban dictionary says:

O.B.O.

Short form for "or best offer." Usually used in adds to let people know that the price of whatever they are selling is open to negotiation, and that they will accept the best offer if the asking price is not met.

I am selling a TV for $50 O.B.O.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky