Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 MC X-30 vs 2015 22 VLX

Hollywould

I currently own an x30, but I'm thinking of trading it in on the new VLX 22. I would appreciate any thoughts from any VLX owners of things I should consider. Not ready completely to make the move but would love to hear from those of you who know Malibu and any they have owned the x30

Love the boat, Wakeboard wake up there with the 22MXZ, and a very good surf wave. A little lacking on storage, but tons of room for a 22 foot boat for people. drives like a dream. Love my VLX

Night and day difference between the two boats. I have ridden a few X30's with the gen 2 system and they were good, but I still like my wave better. It could have been just the way they have them set up (ballast, speed, tab setting). I suggest you surf behind the 22 VLX (make sure it has at least 750's in rear locker, full factory ballast, 10.6-11mph). Bring your checkbook also cause I am confident you will love the wave :biggrin:

On my 3rd Malibu, & this by far is my favorite! I would have to say the overall ease of switching back and forth from Surf Left/Right and back to wake boarding with really a touch of a button, The Power wedge II is everything advertised This truly makes it possible to switch back and forth with a fully loaded boat, The Wave for surfing especially the goofy side has been one of the best I have ridden, we have our wake dialed, And that's the beauty of this boat, It's Not Just a SURF boat, our Wake board wake can compete with any, And lastly the overall appeal of this boat, Never go's out of style and looks awesome on the water, And lets face it, Malibu owners are pretty darn cool people..... On a scale from 1 to 10 I'm going with a 9, Hope that helps, I have over 150 HR on it this year looking to add a few more before it starts to freeze!

Edited by Wakesetter67

All of these opinions do help a lot. We are 90% surf with two kids (14/11) and two adults. Everyone surfs but only the kids have been able to go wireless. I am thinking the extra weight (this boat will be about 2,000 lbs heavier loaded with PNP) and the surfgate will give us more push that we need. Still working on a deal with trade. Thanks again and all opinions are welcomed!

• Like 1