Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

1 hour ago, bamabonners said:

Every boat I've owned has had struggles with the bimini.  It is like the engineers don't pay attention to that feature.  At the end of a long hot day, the last thing I want to do is mess with the torture device known as the bimini and bimini cover.  I went with the Z5 this time.  I'm lucky - I never had the need to take it down.  It was work the 2k I spent on it.

Z5 is awesome. I've considered it a few times. The issue for us in the PNW is we actually like the sun in the boat most days. With the Z5 it's always deployed.

But I totally agree with you... putting the bimini back in the sleeve at the end of the day is my most hated boat chore. 

Edited by IXFE

do you know the brand of these straps? I can tell I'd like to have a set as I got in a tussle with the bimini already and I've had it in my possession for 2 weeks lol

What are these straps you speak of? , and what do they do?

the only thing we struggle with on the Bimini is pushing it forward trying to deploy. It can be difficult to get it pushed forward straight so it doesn't bind up

Just some Velcro straps big enough to go around the rolled up Bimini. I got two sets, so four straps for the inside, under the boot and then two larger straps that hold the stowed Bimini to the front hoop. This keeps the Bimini and boot from resting on the sharp corners of the aluminum tower legs. Those corners were rubbing holes in the Bimini. Not sure which Bimini I have but its not the slider. 

Edit to add link: https://www.rei.com/product/848430/redpoint-sport-wrap-package-of-2

Edited by isellacuras
4 hours ago, NWBU said:

Here's several pics showing a height comparison between the M235 and a little ol' 25 LSV on trailers. I was at a client's plant down the street from Boulder Boats in the Las Vegas area so stopped by their store to check it out on the way back to the airport.

From what the salesman told me, they've sold 3 of the 5 M235s they've brought in so far, and this one is already sold ($175K asking price).

M235%20bow%20height_zpssomrihc8.jpg

IMG_7218_zpsv4shrqm3.jpg

IMG_7214_zpsna02csnh.jpg

The real question is why aren't you at a sports book watching CBB

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

The real question is why aren't you at a sports book watching CBB

Ha - I know. Several of my buddies are at Caesars right now, but unfortunately it's my busiest time of year and work is nuts right now, so it was a quick stopover.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, NWBU said:

Here's several pics showing a height comparison between the M235 and a little ol' 25 LSV on trailers. I was at a client's plant down the street from Boulder Boats in the Las Vegas area so stopped by their store to check it out on the way back to the airport.

From what the salesman told me, they've sold 3 of the 5 M235s they've brought in so far, and this one is already sold ($175K asking price).

M235%20bow%20height_zpssomrihc8.jpg

IMG_7218_zpsv4shrqm3.jpg

IMG_7214_zpsna02csnh.jpg

I recently bought my used 2012 Axis from a dealer that had a M235.  It was absolutely huge.  I'm about 6'1" and I couldn't even look eye to eye with the bow of the boat.  I think it was literally a foot over my head...pretty insane considering that the bow of my axis is armpit height.

11 hours ago, IXFE said:

@Ronnie is there no wakeview seating on the starboard side of the cabin?

They're saying the wake view seating isn't available on the starboard side on the 235. Have you seen any with that option?

51 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They're saying the wake view seating isn't available on the starboard side on the 235. Have you seen any with that option?

If you put in wakeview on the starboard side, you would not be able to access or remove the cooler.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

That's a bummer. I hadn't noticed that before. 

I think I'd rather have the wakeview seat than the Yeti cooler. 

Edited by IXFE

At the risk of derailing this thread, again, I have to say the hinges on that starboard seat are not going to stand up to time. At least on the boat in the pic above, you've gotta pick up that seat square in the middle or it binds, and you can see the hinges flex with the torque on it. Only noticed this since it surprised me when I first opened the seat how much relative effort it took to open. I'll go look for my purse now...

• 2 weeks later...