Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

Yeah, got there just after 1 PM and we made our rounds. Most likely I'll go the Greensboro show on Friday since it's right at my work, but maybe Saturday. Hope you guys had a good show, lot's of good looking boats in the PM booth!

This week is the Charlotte show and plan to ride over that way on Friday.

I didn't see you either, but we were pretty busy at 1. We (ProMarine) had the the best booth :biggrin:

Edited by boardjnky4

I didn't see you either, but we were pretty busy at 1. We (ProMarine) had the the best booth :biggrin:

The PM booth and all the gear was Very Nice! I was there on Friday, hate I missed you guys.

When is the M235 hitting the water???

The PM booth and all the gear was Very Nice! I was there on Friday, hate I missed you guys.

When is the M235 hitting the water???

When you trade out your G23 for it!! haha

Unless someone in the local community buys it, I'm afraid nobody will be seeing any demo time behind one this year.

Just to clarify...I don't knock anyone for having a cold one on the water, just did not do me any good. Infact, does not bother me if others are drinking. That 110 is never a bad thing, probably could find a super high powered air pump to blow up my tubes! I wonder if they will offer that for future Wakesetter boats? Or just keep it to the M235 line.

Yeah we ran out of gas , and beers that last trip out. In fact I think someone from that trip owes me a beer for throwing an invert.... Or at least attempting one.

Eddie, were you at the Raleigh show? I was helping Jimmy out all three days. If so, it's a bummer I missed you. I'll be helping him out at the Greensboro show on Saturday (all day). If you can, please drop by.

Yeah, got there just after 1 PM and we made our rounds. Most likely I'll go the Greensboro show on Friday since it's right at my work, but maybe Saturday. Hope you guys had a good show, lot's of good looking boats in the PM booth! This week is the Charlotte show and plan to ride over that way on Friday.

Man I missed both of you guys...I was there Sunday morning (it was quiet) and got a lot of time at the booth and a custom tour of the M235 (simply awesome). In fact, I saw a logo for an installer of the aftermarket audio and LED components on the 25 LSV - Auto Acoustics. Do you guys know anything about them? Interested in a custom sub box under the helm and I understand they also do tint thus, was hoping for a + endorsement. Edited by NCSurfing

Man I missed both of you guys...I was there Sunday morning (it was quiet) and got a lot of time at the booth and a custom tour of the M235 (simply awesome). In fact, I saw a logo for an installer of the aftermarket audio and LED components on the 25 LSV - Auto Acoustics. Do you guys know anything about them? Interested in a custom sub box under the helm and I understand they also do tint thus, was hoping for a + endorsement.

They have done a lot of work for ProMarine boats. All the work I've seen has been very good. If you remember it, they also did the custom system on the Purple 23LSV that was built for the boat show 2 years ago.

Yeah we ran out of gas , and beers that last trip out. In fact I think someone from that trip owes me a beer for throwing an invert.... Or at least attempting one.

Lol, I think I was the only sober one on the boat! I am always good for being the designated driver, let Travis drive and you guys party on! Hey, someone has to keep an eye on everyone :-) that was a fun day, we need to do it again this spring... maybe a tmc springtime Bullards day should be put on the calendar?

• Like 3

Lol, I think I was the only sober one on the boat! I am always good for being the designated driver, let Travis drive and you guys party on! Hey, someone has to keep an eye on everyone :-) that was a fun day, we need to do it again this spring... maybe a tmc springtime Bullards day should be put on the calendar?

Give me enough of a heads up, and I may even join you!

(if you'll have me)

IXFE- And you know I would want to ask a few questions about that hypothesis and maybe rain on the parade just a little bit :)

1) I am wondering how that G hit a 191 MSRP, when mine is fully loaded with the 550 and 2 flake panels and had a MSRP of 188k. As you might know, Nautique has a standardized MSRP list nationwide. Is it sitting on a 20k trailer?

Not to mention..... The MSRP on my boat includes the MSRP on a pair of PTM clamping racks and quick release adapters. Without those, it was 184k.

Only option I left off was underwater lights, because I wanted to do abyss starfish.

2) Wondering why you think a Bu usually carries a bigger discount? It has always seemed to me, that the big three average the same on average deals.

3) Design package is 4K and is a special windshield with vent Windows, and color accents on the frame and a 2 tone tower. I would definitely argue that it shouldn't be considered in a apples to apples comparison. Probably an option I should have skipped.

4) Studio Elite stereo is 2 subwoofers, 8 in-boats, 6 channel zone control, and JL Wavefront. It is also a 4K option over the JL Elite stereo which has 1 sub and 6 in-boat speakers.

5) No argument that power lift seat, rear view cam, and steering wheel controls are cool features. Clamping racks can be had on the G, and they are the identical racks to the Bu.

No "bro deal", mine is a '16, was ordered the day after they released the redesign, and is obviously not a leftover, etc. My "out the door" price with clamping racks, tandem boatmate, freight, prep, etc., was $139,678.00

Nautique didn't have a big price increase this year. The G23 went up $1k........ What changed, was that NSS is now standard equipment, and the previously optional cost was added to the MSRP.

Mostly..... I'm just wondering how that boat show G had a 191k MSRP.

Let's price this baby from the official price sheet....these are actual exact numbers of the 2016 Nautique price sheet.....

2016 G23 base- $136,761.00

H6 450hp- $6797.00

Design package- $3558.00

Bimini (sewlong)- $1565.00

Studio elite upgrade- $4036.00

Tower speakers- $1977.00 1 pair, or $3560.00 2 pair

Tower prep kit- $1199.00

Auto FE- $349.00

Batt charger- $400.00

Freshwater flush- $315.00

Surf select- $886.00

Heater- $756.00

LED cupholders- $432.00

Table- $945.00

UW lights- $865

Phender pro- $678.00

Armrests- $688.00

Bow filler- $593.00

Heated seats. Captain chair, and loveseat- $898.00

Pocket door- $1232.00

Total- $166,513.00

Trailer- $25,000.00??????

Trailer should be about what, 5-6k? That boat should MSRP at about 171k.......

• Like 2

Malibu not communicating M235 pricing is BS, they are back-tracking. This de-content of options was just announced last week; M235's at shows across the country are optioned at the prior take it or leave it level. Why do you think I walked away???

Edit, the pricing above nailed it and the 2016 G I built was $153k just the way I wanted it - no design pkg, no stereo upgrades, no pocket door...so with trailer around $126K + taxes.

Edited by thtrog
  • Like 1

When you trade out your G23 for it!! haha

Unless someone in the local community buys it, I'm afraid nobody will be seeing any demo time behind one this year.

No demo's, that's a sound marketing strategy!

JK, What will pull the Malibu Open tournament in June, 25 LSV???

I agree the MSRP seems way off on the G. My boat is full flake, colored hull, with all all the options listed above minus the table, underwater lights, freshwater flush, and upgraded stereo. My MSRP was way less than posted above.

Would anyone order the M235 with the 450? With the boat being heavier, more ballast and the power wedge I'm not sure that would be a good idea. I think the 450 is a great engine for the G.

Give me enough of a heads up, and I may even join you!

(if you'll have me)

Of course, Dave you are always welcomed to come out to Nor Cal! Hoping we can get together sometime this season. We have extra rooms available at our house. I would also really dig coming up to Oregon and seeing the river up there. Of course I would have to bring the Fman clan :-)

Not going into the fine details, but picking the H6 engine, and adding all of the other options, I got a G23 to MSRP for $207,635. Take away the "coastal package" and it is still over $202K.

Not going into the fine details, but picking the H6 engine, and adding all of the other options, I got a G23 to MSRP for $207,635. Take away the "coastal package" and it is still over $202K.

It's not possible unless you're running 6x9's, 7.7's, and 8.8's plus both amp prep packages on the tower and both bimini options :rofl:

Please go in to fine details :)

King- I posted direct off MSRP sheet..... My pricing is exact. Like TH said, you must have added all 3 Bimini options, all three speaker options for the tower, both tower amp options, and possibly a couple different engine options....

The M pricing is not that out of line. Anyone price a 25LSV or 24MXZ loaded? You can get both of them over 200k also.

5-6k for a trailer? No way! Wheels alone is 3k, runway $600, spare tire $800, steps $300, buckles $150 you are at $5k in trailer bling, before the cost of te trailer.

Again IXFE point compare apples, yes you can get a G cheaper, but it will have significantly less options. They may not be options that matter to you but they are still missing.

My 15 was 178k without tower speaks, sub,amps, custom wheels, etc. I also have carpet, not seadeck/decadence. Also a 15 so lower sticker to begin with.

Edited by DarkSide

The M pricing is not that out of line. Anyone price a 25LSV or 24MXZ loaded? You can get both of them over 200k also.

5-6k for a trailer? No way! Wheels alone is 3k, runway $600, spare tire $800, steps $300, buckles $150 you are at $5k in trailer bling, before the cost of te trailer.

Again IXFE point compare apples, yes you can get a G cheaper, but it will have significantly less options. They may not be options that matter to you but they are still missing.

What about IXFE's MSRP being 20k over actual??

My boatmate TA trailer was $4700.00. It has transom straps, aluminum wheels (only 16s), a spare tire, SeaDek pads, and the "stairway to g heaven". If the added bling actually costs 5k+, that is crazy. Not that I would say it doesn't....

Even so, with the trailer blinged to the max, IXFE's MSRP is 15-20k higher than actual if the boat had 4 tower speakers instead of 2. (I priced it with 4 on the example above, instead of the 2 that he posted)

That's not just a little bit of difference.

Okay okay... settle down everybody. Especially you G owners. I figured you might take offense to my data, but saying that I'm artificially inflating the MSRP by $20K... come on guys. Really? Is that what you think of me? Sure, I bring opinions to TMC. But when I have data it's real. I have build sheets to prove it.

Busy day of meetings today. I will respond to your arrows when I have a few moments of quiet...