Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

1. isnt that usually how stuff leaks out , i don't think its that big of a deal if it gets updated in the days after the release

2. Baby steps, they were dipping their toe in the water to test the market demand

It's is days after the release now. They promoted a live webcast to release it last week. It not a "leak" now. I just think it would have been slick to have the website updated that night or the next day. They already have the promo video and a bunch of pictures. It's not hard to design the M235 webpage and upload it. Doesn't make sense to me.

It's is days after the release now. They promoted a live webcast to release it last week. It not a "leak" now. I just think it would have been slick to have the website updated that night or the next day. They already have the promo video and a bunch of pictures. It's not hard to design the M235 webpage and upload it. Doesn't make sense to me.

agreed

ahopkins22LSV

Hard not to...... That's 23 LSV draft plus 6". 4" deeper than X23. The added dry weight will give you an inch or two, but not 6. 32" is tige and centurion draft numbers....

Edit- it's certainly possible it's not...... But based on that draft and what the dealer said when he was at the meeting, it's gotta be a deep v. Dealer didn't say he saw a deep v, but commented that it rides WAY better than the typical Bu. Also, the pics show the boat riding very high in the water on plane which also indicates a deep v.

Yeah that makes sense, but something tells me that it isn't a deep V. Just per speculation on my part though. We shall see.

I'm excited to see it in person , can't say I'm in love with it in the photos but the 3 I've seen are not gel colors I would ever pick anyways. Mason's looks A lot more like a normal gel scheme and is really nice looking. Pricing on this thing seems a bit outrageous for a 23.5ft boat ..... But I guess maybe Malibu watched Nautique make the 210, 220 & 230 completely obsolete so maybe it would be safe to assume they are trying to not do the same to the VLX & LSV with this thing. Price it at the top of the food chain and see what happens ? Malibu sells so many boats anyways I'm sure those guys that love the G series but would never leave Malibu this is the fit for them. Either way I'm excited to watch this one shake out with the ASR being discontinued this puts this in the mix pretty fast with boat show season approaching.

Lol that is hilarious.... The word excessive comes to mind over and over. Even if there was no performance advantage, "what the hell, bolt another tracking fin on..."

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing... :)

• Like 2

I'm excited to see it in person , can't say I'm in love with it in the photos but the 3 I've seen are not gel colors I would ever pick anyways. Mason's looks A lot more like a normal gel scheme and is really nice looking. Pricing on this thing seems a bit outrageous for a 23.5ft boat ..... But I guess maybe Malibu watched Nautique make the 210, 220 & 230 completely obsolete so maybe it would be safe to assume they are trying to not do the same to the VLX & LSV with this thing. Price it at the top of the food chain and see what happens ? Malibu sells so many boats anyways I'm sure those guys that love the G series but would never leave Malibu this is the fit for them. Either way I'm excited to watch this one shake out with the ASR being discontinued this puts this in the mix pretty fast with boat show season approaching.

The ASR is discontinued?

That's what I was told yesterday. It was quoted as "a huge flop " the RZX or whatever it's called will be taking its place which is basically a completely new ASR. I guess the ASR was so bad they didn't even want to keep the name because of its reputation.

I don't know. Malibu has an interesting line up of boats, that is for sure. Quite a variety.

I think that Malibu is becoming Mastercraft. MC has slimmed down the line some, but Malibu is expanding. I agree with whoever hypothesized that this signifies the end of the MXZ series. They will be replaced by an M215, and why not go for an M250 while we are at it?

I think that Malibu is becoming Mastercraft. MC has slimmed down the line some, but Malibu is expanding. I agree with whoever hypothesized that this signifies the end of the MXZ series. They will be replaced by an M215, and why not go for an M250 while we are at it?

As long as an M250 doesn't have to be towed by a F250, cause that would be ridiculous

IMO BU is FAR from becoming MC. MC. Seems to have gotten away from the core rider. They focus on more family/pleasure boating. Malibu is focused on performance/family. Malibu wants to get into the top-tier performance market. IMO The M235 is exactly what is needed in the Malibu line. With the second generation X-star Mastercraft hit the nail on the head. The third-generation not so much. In my opinion they are focused more on the pleasure boating scene than having the best wake boat out. I think the M235 will sell like hotcakes. Edited by tn_rider

Lol that is hilarious.... The word excessive comes to mind over and over. Even if there was no performance advantage, "what the hell, bolt another tracking fin on..."

When you put big props on big motors, The cavitation can make the boat crab a bit. It is noticeable on the G when it happens, but they only use 1 small tracking fin. The third fin insures that the M235 does not.

When you put big props on big motors, The cavitation can make the boat crab a bit. It is noticeable on the G when it happens, but they only use 1 small tracking fin. The third fin insures that the M235 does not.

Is the big prop confirmed on this boat? I must have missed that.

IMO BU is FAR from becoming MC. MC. Seems to have gotten away from the core rider. They focus on more family/pleasure boating. Malibu is focused on performance/family. Malibu wants to get into the top-tier performance market. IMO The M235 is exactly what is needed in the Malibu line. With the second generation X-star Mastercraft hit the nail on the head. The third-generation not so much. In my opinion they are focused more on the pleasure boating scene than having the best wake boat out. I think the M235 will sell like hotcakes.

No offense intended, because you did say it was your opinion....... But I think that statement is pretty ignorant, and formed only based on the fact MC released one boat that didn't take the top wakeboard crown when it came out.

MC is easily matching Bu performance across the model range. I won't argue that there probably isn't a point to continue building the XStar, now that they have the X23. And while it didn't outperform the G when it came out, it is still a great boat, especially after they finally added gen2.......... But thinking that the rest of the range isnt performance oriented because the XStar didn't keep the crown?? That's a kool aid problem.......IMO

• Like 1

No offense intended, because you did say it was your opinion....... But I think that statement is pretty ignorant, and formed only based on the fact MC released one boat that didn't take the top wakeboard crown when it came out.

MC is easily matching Bu performance across the model range. I won't argue that there probably isn't a point to continue building the XStar, now that they have the X23. And while it didn't outperform the G when it came out, it is still a great boat, especially after they finally added gen2.......... But thinking that the rest of the range isnt performance oriented because the XStar didn't keep the crown?? That's a kool aid problem.......IMO

He didn't say they're not performance oriented, he said they seemed more "focused" on the pleasure boating scene. By my count in the last 2 years MC has released a 26 footer, an outboard, and a top-tier wake boat in the X23. Doesn't seem that he's that far off given where recent R&D has been committed. That's not to say there will not be more improvements and new "core" models, but outboard wakeboats and 26 footers are certainly fringe wake models.

He didn't say they're not performance oriented, he said they seemed more "focused" on the pleasure boating scene. By my count in the last 2 years MC has released a 26 footer, an outboard, and a top-tier wake boat in the X23. Doesn't seem that he's that far off given where recent R&D has been committed. That's not to say there will not be more improvements and new "core" models, but outboard wakeboats and 26 footers are certainly fringe wake models.

So, by doing anything besides the core boats that they have is a bad thing? Does that mean Correct Craft isn't performance focused?? They build other types of boats too.... Among others.

The X26 was built because a lot of X80 owners want to upgrade and didn't have a Luxury inboard option. Now they do. The outboard NXT is not targeting any "core" watersports market..... I don't see how making a couple boats on top of a well covered watersports line is a problem.

So, by doing anything besides the core boats that they have is a bad thing? Does that mean Correct Craft isn't performance focused?? They build other types of boats too.... Among others.

The X26 was built because a lot of X80 owners want to upgrade and didn't have a Luxury inboard option. Now they do. The outboard NXT is not targeting any "core" watersports market..... I don't see how making a couple boats on top of a well covered watersports line is a problem.

Why do you think they've lost so much market share the last 5 years?