Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
sonny20

Winterization questions

sonny20

1) Is it harmful to run softener water from my home to winterize my boat or should I bypass the softener and use hard mineralized city water or does it even matter?

2) Flush Pro vs Perko flush vs Fake-a-Lake. Anyone install either and how difficult is it to install in a '07 340 Monsoon set up compared to fake-a-lake. Had a tough time trying to remove the intake off the barb to shove garden hose in so gave up. The hose is rather arched in shape from the factory.

oldjeep

Why would you need water to winterize a boat?

tvano

if you are running the engine on the hose to warm it up soft v hard water won't matter.

you are going to drain all of the water out prior to first freeze, right?

sonny20

Yes forgot to add that my winterization includes oil change first.

sonny20

) Where do most drill the hole in the stern for the complete Perko Flush kit? Any pics would be helpful.

dlb

I installed a Flush Pro in the intake hose, no need to drill into the hull with that setup. It has worked,well since 2002.

oldjeep

Most of the external flush ports that I've seen are on the transom above the rub rail.

Soon2BV

Mine thru-hull fitting is just below the rub rail on the starboard side. Then the hose runs along the back and then forward to the Perko / FlushPro fitting.

I don't have a picture of the install after i added the thru-hull connection, but here is what my install looks like on a 21 LSV.

post-7974-0-16092500-1445303041_thumb.jp

CedarLakeSkier

My Perko was factory installed. It is on the starboard side below the rub rail as well. I don't have a picture and the boat is not nearby or I would post one