Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newly Released Speakers...?

NorrisMike

Has there been anything new released for tower or inboat speakers? Anything coming soon?

Currently run rev10's and xs650's and have heard full Exile too. Both sound good. I told myself that if I was to do it all over I'd go with full JL audio but I'm not set in any direction just yet. I remember hearing an MC w full JL that sounded AMAZING. Very musically pleasing :)

Yeah, but did that MC have the new JL 8.8 tower pods? Those are new and OEM on Correct Craft for 2016. Speaker wise, not much new, but come spring, there might be. Kicker now has an 8" pod for their current KM-8. This means another RBG LED tower option on the market. Kicker has also released a marine LED grill for the existing L series woofers. Not you can an L7-12 with LED grill driven with a marine 1200W rms mono amp.

Yeah, but did that MC have the new JL 8.8 tower pods? Those are new and OEM on Correct Craft for 2016. Speaker wise, not much new, but come spring, there might be. Kicker now has an 8" pod for their current KM-8. This means another RBG LED tower option on the market. Kicker has also released a marine LED grill for the existing L series woofers. Not you can an L7-12 with LED grill driven with a marine 1200W rms mono amp.

No, this boat had the 650 in-boats and 7.7 towers. It was powered appropriately and I loved the sound. It is my favorite thus far, however, also the most money

Wet sounds will have new stuff and lots of it... I'm waiting for it

please share :)

There is nothing new about the JL Audio M 650 in boat speakers, but they should be on your short list. Especially if you are going to go the all JL route.

Yup, heard them. Love them. I've often dreamed of getting a newer LSV and installing the 7.7's & 650's in the interior and 7.7's on the tower. MLA mentioned a larger 8.8 though! Oh boy

Not sure you can get the JL 8.8's on a Malibu tower and from my conversations with Earmark - put the JL 7.7's in the tower.

NM - it's not that hard to figure out what WS is going to do. I mean they went from 6.5's to 8's to 10's in the HLCD. I would speculate you would see similar product advancement in the ICON series in both mid bass and tweeter enhancement.

They posted some pictures of new amps a while back and even some DSP's.