Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfed behind a FS44 Centerion yesterday, I call it a draw!

Wakesetter67

Had a chance to ride a centurion yesterday, it was a 2015 FS 44 I have been hearing alot of great things about the Surf wake on these boats and really wanted to ride one, ( I love the challage of riding differant boats ) I will have to say in an honest comparison, My Goofy wake to me was so much easier to ride more push on the bottom, and took less work to stay in the sweet spot, Also every bit as long if not longer, But his Reg wave was much firmer, more push and a little bit longer, Larger riders have always complained about not enough push, and really having to work the board on my boat, I would really like to improve my regular wave and would like to see some setups that could help improve the push and length. Here's my set up, side note.....I felt bad as we were passing my boat he hit my wave and it tore off one of those front end carbon fiber pieces screws and all, All I saw was a wall of water over the driver, All in all really nice boat they have defiantly improved!

Full MLS, 2 800Lb bags in rear just about full, and a 600Lb up front, Speed about 11.2 Wedge about 3 to 4 clicks above lift.

Edited by Wakesetter67

Were you guys surfing the centurion listed or evenly weighted using the surf sytem? Centurions have always put out a better surf wave on the regular side than the goofy, unless they are ordered with the right hand surf transmission(not sure if it's still an option). As for improving your regular wave try around 400lbs of ballast under the port side seat for a slight list. I have had good results with this set up and does not seem to harm the goofy wave at all when you transfer. You will be hard pressed to even notice the list so you are still driving a level boat.

Were you guys surfing the centurion listed or evenly weighted using the surf sytem? Centurions have always put out a better surf wave on the regular side than the goofy, unless they are ordered with the right hand surf transmission(not sure if it's still an option). As for improving your regular wave try around 400lbs of ballast under the port side seat for a slight list. I have had good results with this set up and does not seem to harm the goofy wave at all when you transfer. You will be hard pressed to even notice the list so you are still driving a level boat.

I don't know a lot about the surf system and how it works, But it defiantly was listed, Perfect I will get a bag and try that, Thanks! What speed are you running?

10.6 to 11.6 depending on the riders preference of speed. I like the faster speed. I am running 750's in lockers and 650 in bow, wedge either 2 clicks or 3 down from stow. If I have less than 3 people in the boat I will also run a 400lb sac across the back floor up against the back wall of floor

• Like 1