Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dekadence mat

smooky

How is it to keep clean ?

I mean if you eat a sandwich, cookies or whatever, and some crumbs fall in the mat. How is it to remove ?

Dekadence looks really nice but will it be a pain if you eat in the boat and you have kids ?

How is it to keep clean ?

I mean if you eat a sandwich, cookies or whatever, and some crumbs fall in the mat. How is it to remove ?

Dekadence looks really nice but will it be a pain if you eat in the boat and you have kids ?

We have it and it is so much better than carpet. Easy to roll up and shake out, rinse out potato chip particles and throw it back in. Also will not stain like carpet. We love it and will never go back to carpet.

You can roll it up and drop it into the lake and move on or take it out of the boat and hose it off once home and let it drip dry.

I have never had the deckadance move around on us.

We Love it. Stays cool to the touch, Soft on the feet and dries quickly.

Love the stuff, we have it also and it has been awesome. We put 115 hours on it this season and still looks brand new. Everyone who is in our boat always comments on how good it feels on your feet, literally impossible to stain, and super easy to remove. Dries out super quickly when it gets wet. We eat all the time in our boat and no issues with food getting stuck. If you smash a potato chip in it you will have to pick it out, but overall not a problem. It actually breaths very well and allows things to fall through it. When I removed it a few weeks ago I was surprised how much stuff actually was on the floor of the boat.

I see a lot of posts on the new gator grip product, personally I would take deckadence over it, I am not a fan of putting anything on the floor that can't easily be removed. We also never have any issues with it moving.

Edited by Fman

Would you say it's heavy? "heavy" being a substantial weight? If I were cruising along would the wind pick it up like an un-snapped carpet would?

Never had problem with wind while under way at speed (30+ mph) picking it up . . .so it's heavy enough but you are not breaking your back getting it out.

Today we test drove a 2016 23LSV that had the SeaDek (or whatever Malibu calls it). The boat was in the sun and it was really hot on your feet to where I had to put back on the flip flops. Deckadence is the only way to go.

You can roll it up and drop it into the lake and move on or take it out of the boat and hose it off once home and let it drip dry.

I have never had the deckadance move around on us.

We Love it. Stays cool to the touch, Soft on the feet and dries quickly.

...but does it float?! No, seriously!

Would you say it's heavy? "heavy" being a substantial weight? If I were cruising along would the wind pick it up like an un-snapped carpet would?

NO the wind will not pick this up and move it. I travel down the highway at 70 and the deckadance hasnt moved at all

formulaben, on 17 Oct 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:snapback.png

...but does it float?! No, seriously!

I am not sure if it will float. I will check this weekend and report back.

Ok I checked today and DECKADANCE DOES NOT FLOAT. It does not sink like a lead weight but it will go to the boat of the lake within about 10 seconds.

ahopkins22LSV

formulaben, on 17 Oct 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:snapback.png

Ok I checked today and DECKADANCE DOES NOT FLOAT. It does not sink like a lead weight but it will go to the boat of the lake within about 10 seconds.

Are you ordering a new mat?

I'm a dealers assistant at the local dealership and one of my jobs is keeping the new boats clean and I can tell you deckadance is SO much easier to clean than Malibus new SeaDek style flooring. I just roll it up, go shake it, and put it back. Or just take the ole vacuum to it.

I did not even clean it once all summer and it looked brand new. I was impressed, I just washed it down this week for first time with soap and water and it still really looks no different. I was surprised how much stuff accumulated under the mat, amazing how much will fall through it. Took some time to clean the boat deck.

Definitely a fan of it here!

Edited by Fman

Good to know!