Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Liquid Force Fish or Machine?

bbattiste247

I recently purchased a new 2016 23 LSV and discovered that I like surfing more than wakeboarding. With that being said, I need a new wakesurfer without breaking my bank account. I demoed the Liquid Force Machine and I liked it a lot, but it costs over $500. I heard the Liquid Force Fish 5.0, around $250, is very comparable. Has anyone used either board? Is the Machine worth spending double?. I am about 185 -190lbs.

Edited by bbattiste247

The fish is nice but more like a beginner board.

It will worth to spend a bit more and dont switch several time over the coming years. One board for 600$ is less expensive than one for 250$ and another for 500$.

And what is 600$ compare to the price of the LSV ;-) around 0.5% of the boat price should not break a bank account. Boat already took care of the bank account ;-)))

Those are two very different boards., but serve two different purposes

The fish is a board you will always want on the boat. It's compression molded, it's durable, it will take a beating and survive and not ding. Buy the fish, learn to stay in the wave, carve, and go rope less. Once you have mastered those, move to a more advanced board like the machine.

The machine is faster, more buoyant, closer to surf construction, and a more fragile board, meaning more subseptible to dings and chips. Once you move to a more high end board, you will keep both boards on the boat. The fish will be for the kids and the newbies, and the machine will be your board.

You will be more upset if you get a higher end board and someone dings it, cracks it, whatever, and have to replace that board. Then your in it $1000 for two boards (one that's broken and had to replaced) vs 750 and still having two boards

Edited by wakebrdr94

Both statements are correct. You just have to decide which one makes more sense for you.

My friends are all very careful, and I m not worry about my boards when they come. And I have a P5 Danielo carbon and a soulcraft.

Edited by smooky
  • 2 weeks later...

X2 on comment from wakebrdrd94. If you are not gonna surf with newbies then maybe pass on LF Fish but that's cheap for starter board. Machine is good board. What is your boat setup for the LSV gonna be because it can throw a huge wave when adding extra ballast-factory only ballast will be lousy for surfing.