Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

383 HH hours?

Koop

I know opinions vary on this topic..... Here goes anyway. Cruising the internet for boats (currently happy with my '08 VTX). Throwing around the idea of possible upgrading to a 23 LSV. Came across a deal (probably to good to be true), has the 383 motor. My question is this. Price is way low for this '07, so low it's probably a fraud or scheme. However on the off chance it's not I have to believe the hrs are way high??? How high is to high? 2500,3500,5000??? I know the 383 Motor has had issues, but if the owner gets back to me I plan on testing this thing out today or tomorrow.

Asking price and condition of the boat are needed for a decent answer IMO. There are instances where I'd rather have a 1500 hour boat over a 500 hour boat. Go look at it, take pics and post them up with his asking price and you'll get a better answer.

I'm actually considering it even if the motor is gone! If the seller ever gets back to me I'll update this post. Whats a new motor plus install run....$10-15 000????

Is it green, white, and black? That scam is all over the net (craigslist / kijijj) and is usually posted between 18k and 20k.

I'm guessing this is your boat likely posted in a different area than you're looking:

http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/5268570384.html

This guy says nothing about the boat, but is proud of the trailer since it has only a couple hundred miles on it.

When you know its to good to be true.............. RUN!!!!!!!!!!

But with that I did score one he11 of a deal 35 years ago. And I almost walked before I spoke with the owner. Picked up my first boat cheep. Used it for two years and sold it for $ 1,500.00 more then I payed. It sold to the first person that came out to look at it. He thought he stole it!