Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High pressure fuel filter ID?

Is that what is pictured behind the hose? I went to a Malibu dealer and the filter they pulled looks different confusing me more. Does anyone have a pic of a new one they are going to put in? If this is it, relieve pressure, undo clamp, remove lines. Reverse for install? Yes, cleaning here is on the list for spring :blush:

october%2015%20043.jpg

The filter you are looking for might be a WIX 33481. You can do a google search for it to get an image. Might be different for your boat.

post-5643-0-06557100-1444857748_thumb.jp

Edited by DIE2SURF

Yep, the photo is the fuel pump. The outlet should be at the top to a hose that makes a 180 degree bend back downward to the high pressure filter. Die2Surf's photo shows that well. It is easy to replace the fuel filter yourself without messing with the fuel pump. WIX33481 is what I use, just make sure you follow the directional arrow on the side (The connections wouldn't work on this filter backwards anyways).

My '02 Monsoon did not have a high pressure fuel filter. 100% sure about that. Just the in-line filter back by the tank. Posted pictures countless times asking people who insisted there was one to point it out to me. Never happened.

I don't see a high pressure filter in the pictures you posted. I don' think you have one.