Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How To: Winterize 2105 Monsoon 350

Murphy8166

Are you calling it quits for the season in TX already?!

I don't think the motors are that much different than any of the 2011 - 2015 350 Monsoons as far as winterizations would go. Have you tried to look at those options discussed here in the forum?

I think there are differences in the 15.

I know the transmissions are different and mine came with a drip less shaft packing.

I'll check with the dealer

Edited by Murphy8166

I know the transmissions are different and mine came with a drip less shaft packing.

I've been wondering about the dripless packing and how to winterize it. I guess just disconnecting the clear hose would drain it?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm winterizing my 2015 VLX also. I noticed it's different than what they show in the video above. The manifolds connect to a T and there is a clear tube that appears to automatically drain them. On the transmission there is a screw that you can use a large socket wrench to loosen it up and water drains out. On the right/left block it was pretty easy to drain the water from them.

Questions:

1. Is there anything else to drain?

2. After draining, next step is to run antifreeze through (what do you use to pump it through?) and then do you drain the antifreeze out?

3. How do you winterize the heater?

4. Do you run antifreeze through your ballast system?