Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat valuation websites?

augie09

In the past I've used NADA to get a ball park estimate of boat value, but looking at it today, the private sale valuations for low,avg, high are gone. So are the trade in valuations. Only thing offered is low and avg retail.

Kelley blue book doesn't even offer boat valuations any more.

And with dealer pricing ranging so much across regions, this isn't helping in selling a boat private party.

Anyone know a reliable place to get valuations? I had a potential buyer ask me and I didn't know what to say after looking online my self and finding nothing. Is there some boat pricing conspiracy going on?

What old jeep said. Make sure you see how long the boats have been listed for too because often people will ask too much and the reasonably priced ones go fast. Boat values change so much depending on season condition and location.

Only thing to use is comparable boats for sale. Nada always sucked because the volume of a particular year make model is too low and pricing changes so much by season.

What old jeep said. Make sure you see how long the boats have been listed for too because often people will ask too much and the reasonably priced ones go fast. Boat values change so much depending on season condition and location.

yes, this is exactly what I am doing. With the lack of valuation websites, would be nice to have a tool that does this research for me. It wouldn't average actual sale prices, but it could average the list prices across boat trader, only inboards, craigslist, etc.

I was kind of curious to see the nada data because it supposedly was based off actual private sale prices, back when they provided that data. Wanted to see how the base price jumps of 15LSV and 16 LSV affect 14 lsv resale. Oh well, just have to constantly monitor the web to find out, and see if anyone make an offer. No offers = priced to high or no market for the boat right now in my region.

Buc is a guide many dealers may use. Don't think a seller will go that low though. But it's like a low point starting point. Have to watch for asking price. That can skew results.

Don't be fooled into thinking NADA has anything to do with comparable sales. Locally or Nation wide. They have NO WAY to monitor this type of data. Even dealer sales would be hard to track due to trade ins etc, but individual sales would be practically impossible to track due to no reporting agency and state to state sales etc.

If you look up a particular boat on NADA, the price you see is only a mathematical result of a pre determined depreciation schedule. Real world comparisons are typically more accurate.

BUT.....

Nada is what the consumer will use to gauge value. Also what banks and insurance agencies look at. So while we as owners think the numbers are low, (because everything we own is worth more) expect that's the value that will be used when applying for a loan or your boat becomes an insurance claim.

so it doesn't seem like NADA has updated their engine options for a decade or more. The base motor is the 5.7L monsoon, but then all upgrades are 8.1's with various degrees of horsepower. If I pick the right number of horsepower to correspond to the LS3, NADA says that the engine adds $12K to the value of the boat (more than the option cost in the first place).

I agree with Isellacuras... NADA breaks to the high side.