Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

help with the pumps for ballast ,VLX 2002

pedjavilotic

Hello,

i'm planing to add ballast .Removed two hard tanks,and planing to put in rear lockers 2 x 540 lbs,for wakeboarding purpose only.

Now, when i removed stock pumps, i noticed that they are old Rule 500 Gph *the boat is VLX 2002*, and i wanted to put 1200 Tsunami for fill and drain,two pumps per ballast bag.

But, i think the rule has 3/4 and the Tsunami 1200 aerator is 1''...i think...what should i do?Should i go with 3/4 pump ,i think thats 800 gph Tsunami, or would it be better to put 1200 gph with 1'' to 3/4 reducer ?For me , the filling is more important.I want it fast! Draining , not that important, i usually don't rush anywhere after boarding...

Another question...i have mid factory ballast , 400 lbs but i would like to add 500 lbs for bow.Now,i don't have fill in hole for bow ballast,and i want it all automaticly not throwing pumps into water for filling,so i thought that i should use draining 'T' plug that is located in the mid section ,somewhere near mid ballast bag.I don't use that drain plug anyway,and i think it should be 1''....what do you think?Plan is to find ONE fill in hole for 1200 gph tsunami, put one 'Y' splitter so i can fill 2 x 250 lbs bags that i already have.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. i can't use reversible pumps, because i am in EU,and there is none...shipping is way to expensive so i will go with standard stock system, 2 pumps per bag.

For max flow, you should replace the hoses too.

I just put a wakemakers 1100 in port rear locker. With those old pumps it takes over 10min to drain/fill

If you figure out the bow change I'd love to hear that too. I shoved old lead batteries up there for now...

• Like 1

Well replacing hoses is not a problem but i dont want to drill new drain holes on the side of the boat so i will just go probably with 1"to 3\4 reducir and use standard drain holes .As i said i dont really need that fast draining..just filling..as fast as posible.Ill let u know when i finish bow project