Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best surf set up for a 2012 VLX

Klcofer3

I have a 2012 VLX with stock ballast, and am looking for a better surf wake. I have been looking at aftermarket surfgate systems, and want to know yall's opinion on the best one available. I am also looking to add some more weight in the boat. If yall have the same boat I would love to know your set up. Thanks for the help.

Mine is similar to jb 156. 750 in locker, 540 on seat, 150 lead under corner seat and 540 (not full) surf side bow. When I have all bags full, I can have some people sit in non surf side. Each time out is a little different. The 09-12 VLX is very sensitive to weight and needs to be dialed each time out. I typically run wedge all the way down to two clicks up depending on the rider.

Usually wedge 2 clicks up, 750 in rear on the surf side only. 200 lb sac in the gunnel between the windshields plus the factory tanks, center full all the time. Surf side only in the back and usually the front full too. 11VLX

2315 prop is a must or something similar

I run similar to jb and isellacuras:

Stock rear surf side

Center full

Bow full

Plus additional

750 rear surf side

400 sac in bow on surf side

150 cube sac in rear corner seat

Sometimes a 400 on center surf side seat running up to watchers seat depending on the number of people I have

Wedge all the way down (I can't notice the wake any better with 1-2 clicks up)

Prop is a 1235

Speed around 10.6-10.8

Over winter I plan on having 3 reversible pumps installed, 2 in rear and one up front with a long hose to fill the bow and additional sacs on surf side seats.

I am also going to replace my 750's with either the Ronix 800's or the Sumo 900's.

Edited by jwl019

Not sure what engine you have but we had an above average wave listed when we maxed out one side in our MXZ. We got a wicked wave and have added another 750 to the empty rear and a 400 in the bow with all tanks full and the wedge slammed and our wave is unreal comparatively.

• 1 month later...

I currently use the Wicked wake system and Love it. I bought both side and the cost is about $400.

I am doing research for Boarders Mag and discovered 4 other systems

World of Wake

Surf-side panels

Wake-FX

Wake Shaper

Check out their web sight and see what ya like.

Hope this helps

Jeff