Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
malibuskier2003

2016 20 VTX

malibuskier2003

I have to say I am very impressed with this boat. Went along on a test ride with my buddy this weekend & while I am not interested in this model, it was quite a boat. I am very excited to test a 16 LSV as the new Raptor is pretty nice. Hole shot & time to plane were quite nice.

Dave

martinarcher

Any ski wake pics? Hows the slalom wake? Did you guys surf it?

malibuskier2003

Ski wake was better than my 98 VLX at 32 mph but I really don't have much else to compare it to. I'm willing to be that if you play with bow ballast & limit the people in the boat (we had 5 on the test) you could get it really nice. I like the removable center pylon. The surf wake looked very nice as well.

Dave

ejj

It's nice at 34. Not as nice at 28. Boat is sweet. But the two I looked at were 90 and 97k.

ahopkinsVTX

It's nice at 34. Not as nice at 28. Boat is sweet. But the two I looked at were 90 and 97k.

Canada?

oldjeep

Canada?

Or just list prices.

Badger

Those prices aren't that far off of what I was quoted on a '16 prior to buying a '15. AH and OJ, you both have to remember that you're used to dealing with pricing from 2 of the top 5 dealers in the Malibu network. In past years, when I was shopping around, it was obvious that my local top 5 dealer could easily beat the price on a new boat from a smaller dealer, elsewhere. I think it's been quoted elsewhere that the VTX increase is over 10% from '15-'16. Part of that can be explained with the new content.

Malibuzer

MSRP in Canada is over $100k for a moderately loaded boat.

asp13

yeah I was quoted at $110k

ejj

Not MSRP, but asking price at MnInboard. Both were over 100k MSRP... (USD)

Edited by ejj

Malibuzer

Not MSRP, but asking price at MnInboard. Both were over 100k MSRP... (USD)

So the low low price of $135k Cdn!

ahopkinsVTX

Wow! They move a ton of boats. I bet that isn't what you would end up paying.

Chrisjjbrown

That price is just awful.

But I think the MSRP on my 13 was 91k or something like that. Paid nowhere close to that.

Malibuzer

They don't drop that much below MSRP. Canadian exchange rate is killing us up here right now.

ejj

I know that isn't what would end up the final price, but also realizing that I would pay 7% tax, I figure it's still pretty damn expensive. Very nice boat though.

asp13

They don't drop that much below MSRP. Canadian exchange rate is killing us up here right now.

I was quoted 110k Cdn from Wizard lake marine outside of Edmonton