Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How cold is too cold without a wet suit?

Arick

• 6 months later...

haha... reminds me of my military training .... used to be a lets say "special" diver ......done that as well (not a world record distance) .....and it is NOT fun !.

Edited by prettig
On 4/17/2016 at 5:54 AM, prettig said:

Out with 5 boats this morning...... lake and air around 47 degrees (we started skiing a month ago)....... wetsuit.

And we had a hailstorm this morning...... but water was perfect. Did of few runs at 22 off at 34 mph (..... but I am 52 years old and just starting to get back into shape... not even close to my best yet !).

21e3vq9.jpg

I think I cried a little seeing those boats getting pelted with hail.  I know they would be fine... but still.

Skyskied this afternoon.....77 degree air, 60 degree water.....board shorts & a 2mm heater top. Felt GREAT. Might have to do it again tomorrow.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
2 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

Skyskied this afternoon.....77 degree air, 60 degree water.....board shorts & a 2mm heater top. Felt GREAT. Might have to do it again tomorrow.

Must be the first time ever that western wa got warmer than the dry side. My car was reading 90 which was confirmed by the local news stations... crazy how hot it was this early! 

Edited by Pnwrider
Spelling
4 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Must be the first time ever that western wa got warmer than the dry side. My cat was reading 90 which was confirmed by the local news stations... crazy how hot it was this early! 

90 in April in western WA?? Thats crazy.

We did have a warm week a couple weeks ago. Got into the 80s. Water temp was only 47 though, so we skied in drysuits. Not nearly the same experience.

Just now, Bill_AirJunky said:

90 in April in western WA?? Thats crazy.

We did have a warm week a couple weeks ago. Got into the 80s. Water temp was only 47 though, so we skied in drysuits. Not nearly the same experience.

Yea definitely not the norm, I couldn't believe how warm it got today. I still remember 2 years ago when it hit 80 the last week of April being amazed.

On 10/12/2015 at 1:03 PM, Arick said:

I went out and wake boarded yesterday(Oct 11th) with the air temp about 79 and lake temp 61 with no wet suit. My friend thought I was a little bit nuts. Keep in mind I don't have a heater on my boat. After the initial shock, I was fine! I know when I get out of the boat my skin was cold to the touch, but I felt great!

So... am I nuts? I'm sure folks on here have been in water that is more cold....

Since most of the time I have a barefoot suit on. anything below 50 degree water temp, I like a dry suit.