Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil change at the end of season or beginning

Hmmm.. I put stabilizer in and store it close to empty. Before I start it in the spring I trailer it to the gas station and fill it full with fresh fuel. My thought is I want to run as little "old" fuel as possible through the system. Haven't had any issues yet (knock on wood)

You don't want to store any ethanol fuel in it at all. Drain as much as possible. 100% gasoline is fine with sta-bil.

Meh, been storing large amounts of e10 between seasons for 25 years. Quality fuel comes with 1-2% of it's volume in stabilizer from the pump.

Awesome someone with some common sense!

Same here. I have pulled down engines that have been sitting for many years and never noted any damage from oil/ sitting.

I don't recall who, but I remember someone on this forum changing the oil at the end of the season and then again at the beginning. There are some scary anal types around here. :lol:

Haha I remember that as well. I am pretty sure it was nitrious bird.

I think He just loves oil changes.