Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blanket type boat cover?

BigE

Hello Crew,

I saw a nautique on a lift the other day with a boat cover on it. Coming over the sides of the boat from under the cover was an additional blanket type cover protecting the sides of the boat from sun. Anybody know where I can get more info on this?

E

I use a light canvas tarp - like the kind used for a drop cloth- under my cover on each side at the rear where the sun hits it. Covers from the transom to just behind the tower.

How much extra for the skirt?

Mine was 1300 total. An Evo cover was quoted at 900 so 400 for the skirts. My cover also goes over the swim platform.

I had this one made by skiboatcovers.com: it has the optional side skirts.

newcover1.jpg

I really like your cover! Compared to a typical OEM cover, how difficult is it to put on/remove? I would need to do this daily.........

I really like your cover! Compared to a typical OEM cover, how difficult is it to put on/remove? I would need to do this daily.........

More cover means more work, In all not as bad as you would think. Mine (the yellow one) the curtains snap off and the cover just rolls up.

My factory cover has skirts on it. Yes that's right, I have a 9 year old factory cover that I still use.(it's been cleaned a few times and I have re-waterproofed it as well) I've had to get a seem re stitched here or there but both times, my upholstery person has commented how good of shape the material is in.

If the skirts are done right it's a piece of cake to put the cover on. Mine is as easy to put on as any boat cover I have ever put on.

The skirts have a channel that runs along the bottom that a nylon rope runs through. In the front, there is a ratcheting hook that hooks to the bow eye on each side. At the rear, the rope is longer and goes under the hull of the boat so to speak and has ratcheting hooks that attach to the wedge, basically wrapping the cover under the edge of the boat to secure it and keep it from flapping in the breeze. It also has a rope that runs through the cover around the run rail area. This rope is a loop with two ratchet hooks at the back of the cove and pull it tight around the swim platform.

My cover stays on the boat all winter long as well as every week during the summer. I have no issues taking the cover off the boat just to make one 20 minute run. That's how easy it is designed.

I don't have the boat or cover anymore, but it went on pretty well. It was sunbrella so it was a little heavier. I kept the boat at my house and wanted to cover the trailer as well. I took it on and off regularly.

If I had to do it again, get the d ring sewn in to hang it from the tower. Don't mess with poles....

Hello Crew,

I saw a nautique on a lift the other day with a boat cover on it. Coming over the sides of the boat from under the cover was an additional blanket type cover protecting the sides of the boat from sun. Anybody know where I can get more info on this?

E

DigE, what did you end up doing?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what size tarp measure would cover entire boat including the tower standing up and platform? I have a 2005 VLX.

I see options for steel tarps, regular tarps, and pool covers, which is considerably cheaper than a new custom cover. I still am going to use my malibu cover underneath, but it gets beat up by the sun. Also need to wrap around the tower since the malibu cover leaves a gap.