Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeskate

TCdave

So I spend most of my lake time in the slalom course but some days I just want to do something with less impact. I sometimes ride a trick ski and I have a lot of fun some some wake skis I recently picked up.

My question for the crew is what makes the more expensive skates better? The prices online range from $99 to $400. Since I'm just learning would I be okay with the $99 version?

Pop and weight in my experience. I have a super cheap wakeskate because broken and bruised ankles don't sound like fun. I mostly do surface tricks with it (180, 360, 720, etc). Definitely helps with balance and the falls aren't bad because we typically pull between 16-18 mph.

I am in the same situation as you. Slalom in the morning, afraid of tearing the ACL in the afternoon. So I also bought a wake skate this summer. I think my wakeboard will go up for sale in the spring. See my thread from earlier in the summer.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57301-non-wood-wakeskate/

I have a stylus. I thought I'd be good at wakeskating because I can still skate almost as well as when I was 14. All I can do on the wake skate is surface 180s and I did a shuvit once. It's big and clumsy. I forgot to use it at all this year