Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best rope

evanlaczi

I am due for a rope upgrade. I was thinking of no stretch steel or the synthetic anyone have a favorite or know what's better ? Wakeboarding rope.

Ive used all sorts of different wakeboard lines, but my favorite has been a ronix line that was square. Kinda weird at first, but was really easy to coil and fast to unwind at the end of the day.

I've been through a handful of ropes. Some I like and some I hate. Most have lasted maybe a season or so before showing wear. I also have experienced a decent amount of stretch from some "no stretch" ropes.

This has been the best by far. I've had it for 2 seasons now and it still looks factory mint! I'm very impressed... and no stretch.

https://www.lakeelmosports.com/product.php?productid=21&cat=37&page=1

How can you tell if your wakeboard rope stretches? As far as a slalom and other sports rope, they are supposed to stretch some?

If the rope pops out of your hand and shoots towards the boat, it is stretching.

Slalom ropes allegedly stretch to provide a smoother pull... there is no tension on the line at the buoy, so it is okay to stretch. The downside is when you pop the handle in the boat.

Anyone have a particular handle they like for wakeboarding? The hyperlite chamois has been ok, good comfort and decently tacky when wet. I've also found the straight-line hydra tak blue handle to be to slick and the straightline greenwood handle to be very uncomfortable. I'm looking at the proline LGS2, the LF Watson, and any other suggestions. Any thoughts?

How can you tell if your wakeboard rope stretches? As far as a slalom and other sports rope, they are supposed to stretch some?

Buy a Dyneema and it wont stretch.