Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SYN 4 HELP!

soonerbilly

I went out this afternoon to install my latest version of surfgate. ( more on that in a bit ) So while I was out there I figured I'd listen to some tunes......Turned on the boat....silence. Rev 10's work, sub works, no in boats. ( 1 sysn4 for rev's, 1 for inboats, RF amp for sub). So I climb in the locker to see if I got lights on the amp, solid green, no obvious flash codes. SO I check all my RCA connections. All seem good ( have a ws 420 also). Hmmmmm. I switch the rca's at the 420 and I can get sound to the REV's still no sound to inboats. swapped the RCA's at the amp same thing so its now isolated to the amp itself. All my speaker connections are good, made sure one didn't come off and shorted even though the amp would tell me that on the flash codes. Everything worked fine last time out. Any suggestions? Ran out of light to take speaker connections off. HELP!!! Headed to the lake to test the new surfgate would like to have tunes. Sorry for the longish post.

You've done the logical things so far.

And you have tried a proven signal at the input of the amplifier.

Voltage and secureness of the ground?

Disconnect one speaker output at a time just in case it's in protect mode (even though the status indicator says not)?

The input configuration switches? Easy to accidently brush against one and change it.

Hey mike....I took the amp out and took the cover off of it. Since I'm not an electronics guy idk what the parts are but several spot are burned, so im pretty sure that's the problem lol. Does wetsounds offer a refurb service?