Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Name these sensors (please)

1 Coolant temp sending unit gauge

2 Coolant Warning

3 CTS = Coolant temperature Sensor ECU

But.....you can figure out 1 and 2.

Ignition on, disconnect the sensor 1 and ground the connector to the engine block via jumper wire. The gauge should go to full hot (if this is the gauge wire)

Do exactly the same for 2 and see what happens. This will help you isolate which wire goes to what.

3 is absolutly for ECU so no worries there.

• Like 2

1 Coolant temp sending unit gauge

2 Coolant Warning

3 CTS = Coolant temperature Sensor ECU

#3 coolant temp sensor for the ECM. #2 Temp sender for the dashboard gauge. #1 Temperature switch for buzzer or light (closes when it gets hot).

Well, which is it? :dontknow:

#3 coolant temp sensor for the ECM. #2 Temp sender for the dashboard gauge. #1 Temperature switch for buzzer or light (closes when it gets hot).

This is what I'm thinking, but was going to try the test.

Larry (Engine Nut) responded to an email I sent to Indmar years ago. I would say he knows his stuff.

Guess I need to read sigs more often! Yeah, Larry was VERY helpful to me when I bought my boat and had an inquiry about a transmission service advisory. Thanks Larry!!