Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ronix Wakeshaper

05hammerhead

Anyone know when this will be for sale?

Im betting before you get your boat out for spring. Maybe not soon enough for XMas though. Hopefully early enough for the aussies to try it for us first.

Edited by 05hammerhead

You have to leave velcro strips on the side of your boat? and how long would velcro really hold that in place? seems kinda sketchy to me...

exactly, which is why we asked for velcro gel coat to be sprayed all over the entire boat....its the next flake!

Edited by saidainc

You have to leave velcro strips on the side of your boat? and how long would velcro really hold that in place? seems kinda sketchy to me...

from what I've heard they actually had to use lower strength Velcro than the early prototypes - evidently the water pressure holds the wedge on the boat so well that too much Velcro is overkill and makes it harder to remove than needed.

Ever see the Cinchmax quick releases made with a marine grade hook & loop product similar to velcro? We push them thru several hundred lbs of force every ride. The sheer strength on the stuff is unreal.

What's it made of, hollow plastic, or some kind of plastic encapsulated foam? Could maybe shape one out of styrofoam and dip it in Plasti Dip.

search, it's already been posted everywhere and there's a guy who shows how to do it for $50 by yourself. and that was before ronix came out with this.

On this site or elsewhere? Been searching, haven't found it yet. (I did see a very scary-ugly plywood DIY one, but I'm hoping you found one that's better!)

3M Velcro can be wildly strong--depending which grade you get. Look up Powerlock some time. I use it to keep my bindings on my waterski. I have to mix tape grades otherwise the boot will only come off with a crowbar.

Permanent velcro is janky. Both from an aesthetic and maintenance standpoint. I'd expect a little more from Ronix.