Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone at Lake Murray, SC

NCVride

I know it's awful down there right now and the boats are the least of your concerns if you live in the Columbia area, but just wanted to see if any crew members were down that way and wish you luck if so. Awful stuff in SC right now.

MalibuNation

I have 2 cousins on that lake that I've been trying to reach but can't. We get plenty of wild weather in MI but can't imagine all that rain. Will try again today.

My parents are in Summerville. As of yesterday, they were trapped in their house due to flooded and washed out roads. The worst they got was an inch of water in the garage, their neighbors weren't as lucky as their lot was about 3 feet lower. It appears things are subsiding and the water was down about a foot since it peaked, probably down more now, but hard to tell.

The worst damage my parents suffered was the beavers in the swamp behind their house used the opportunity to swim up to their house and take down several trees and shrubs that were previously inaccessible to them on dry land. My dad watched in horror as their corner evergreen was floated down through the yard by one of the flat tail vermin. All their freshly planted willows from earlier this year are gone.

I live on lake murray. Water is still creeping up at the moment but they have the flood gates open at the dam. Malibu is high and dry at the moment in the driveway. I will try and get some pictures up of my dock.

Sorry for the bad picture but this was taken after work last night. As you can see I am getting close to the bottom of my walkway on the dock. Rain has stopped and the sun is out today so the water should start to go down soon.

IMG_1863.jpg

Glad to hear everything is good Steelman. Initially the weather models showed this stuff hitting central NC and I was extremely nervous and ready to get my boats off the lift. Good thinking on getting the boat out. Hope all your friends and family are fortunate as well. Terrible stuff man.