Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best wakeboard setup

evanlaczi

I have a 98 response tower pass manual wedge and three fat sacs one in bow one each side of engine (direct drive). I have been playing with 20 and 19mph. 19mph has better wake but slow can't clear both wakes toe side only heel. Any recommendations for other ballast setups? I usually only have 3 in boat.

Since there are no real requirements in wakeboarding, speed is just another tuning factor and is based on preference, wake size, and rope length. We go 20.5mph with no weight and 2-6 people in the boat with a 65 foot rope behind my 2000 Response. A couple guy prefer faster but I know that 19-19.5mph has a really mean wake that rivals a lot of nice V-drives I've been behind but I agree that I can't clear the wake at that speed with anything but heelside. A couple guys can clear at those speeds but you can tell they are working hard for it.

Shorten up the rope, speed up the boat, move the weight around, etc etc until you find what works best for you.

Honestly, you need to speed it up to at least 21mph with a 65ft rope. I would maybe throw your 300 bow sac as far forward as possible, and life those 400 sacs as far back as possible. Anything below 21mph, should be no weight and a very short rope.