Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you do?

ID AX

Do you have a stereo plan?

No real stereo plans at this time. It has the RF system with the 12" sub. I'm sure I will build a box around the sub and ruin the warranty by messing with the gains on the amps. I would love to add some tower speakers but not to anxious to spend a chunk of change until next year. Honestly I put a LOUD system in our axis and hardly ever use it. I can see a couple pairs of the WS Icon 8s or KICKER KM8s, in their new pods, going on the tower. I have no doubt that a certain stereo guy I know will have some suggestions. :biggrin:

Make sure you get at least one pair of board racks, those things are pretty pricey. I think something like $1600 a pair for the spinners. Hopefully they are hiding under a seat or something.

Also, if you do end up with the boat, keep and eye on the top alternator bolt that threads into the block. Mine, as well as a few other have sheared off, flush with the block. It's an easy fix, and the bolt spins out relatively easy. I replaced mine with a ARP head bolt that was the same size.

I would also count on filling at least a triangle sack in the bow for wakeboarding. I've been behind the 14'+ diamond hull and wake hull, both needed the weight up front if you plan on running rear PNP with wedge.

Thanks for the heads up on the alt bolt. I will definitely watch that.

The tower comes with two spinner racks. They just haven't been installed yet.

I have a 750 sac that we can run in the bow. If we end up using it every outing then I will get a triangle sac and install a reversible like some others have done. Going to try and stick a bunch of lead up there. I know there isn't much room but going to try anyway

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation you were. Priced out a 16 T23, and then for s***s and giggles called about a 15 LSV that was perfect for me option and color wise. The LSV ends up being about 7k more than I can get the t23 for. The difference can be made up in the resale value. From what I've seen in the used mkt, Axis is depreciating much more.

I haven't made a deal yet, but I hope too soon.

Congrats on your new LSV!!

I'm in the same situation you were. Priced out a 16 T23, and then for s***s and giggles called about a 15 LSV that was perfect for me option and color wise. The LSV ends up being about 7k more than I can get the t23 for. The difference can be made up in the resale value. From what I've seen in the used mkt, Axis is depreciating much more.

I haven't made a deal yet, but I hope too soon.

Congrats on your new LSV!!

For us it was close enough in price that it just didn't make sense to order a '16 T22 or T23. If you're within 7k then that's a no brainer

• 5 months later...