Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you do?

ID AX

That color scheme is very close to my T22. I am a sucker for charcoal flake. I probably would of just took the boat on home after a demo like that.

Maybe :)

Are you confident you have them down to their best possible price on that boat? I guarantee you they want you to buy that LSV instead of ordering a '16 Axis. And the extra $15k is not the reason...

They are paying interest on that LSV and have been since late April (assuming they've had it that long). Any '16 boat on the lot is interest free to them at this point, but the '15's are just burning cash.

Can you get them close the gap a little? Might make the decisions easier.

what makes you want to upgrade your 2 year old axis? Maybe that alone is the reason to go with the LSV...

Our A22 has been a great boat but there are some things that we don't enjoy about it. All personal peeves but enough that we are ready to move on. The biggest issue is the motor is under powered. We have been spending more time at 5000' and that little 330 just can't hack it. We also have to run a 750 in the cabin and a 400 in the bow. Tired of bags in the cabin. The lsv really likes a bag in the bow but doesn't need it. Fit and finish are some other issues but not the biggest. I really thought I would like the half windshield but I don't. We were ready to order a '16 T22 w/ the 450 and trade again in 3 years. Our dealer is really helping us on the lsv and it would make sense to go that route and keep it for 8 - 10 years.

Are you confident you have them down to their best possible price on that boat? I guarantee you they want you to buy that LSV instead of ordering a '16 Axis. And the extra $15k is not the reason...

They are paying interest on that LSV and have been since late April (assuming they've had it that long). Any '16 boat on the lot is interest free to them at this point, but the '15's are just burning cash.

Can you get them close the gap a little? Might make the decisions easier.

They have had the boat since July. There are 2 other parties interested in the boat and I know what their price is. I am very happy with our price. Could I find one cheaper? Probably. Will I stray away from my dealer? NOPE. :)

That LSV is beautiful, I say go for it. Back in 2012 I went to my dealer with an A22 in mind. With similar options the price between the A22 and VLX were much closer than I would have expected. We also liked the VLX much better overall for a number of reasons. 3+ years later and we couldn't be happier. The A22 would have been a great boat but I probably would have regretted not getting the VLX if I had gone that route at the time.

Make sure you get at least one pair of board racks, those things are pretty pricey. I think something like $1600 a pair for the spinners. Hopefully they are hiding under a seat or something.

Also, if you do end up with the boat, keep and eye on the top alternator bolt that threads into the block. Mine, as well as a few other have sheared off, flush with the block. It's an easy fix, and the bolt spins out relatively easy. I replaced mine with a ARP head bolt that was the same size.

I would also count on filling at least a triangle sack in the bow for wakeboarding. I've been behind the 14'+ diamond hull and wake hull, both needed the weight up front if you plan on running rear PNP with wedge.

Edited by kx250frider617

I'd go for the 5 year warranty on a 16 if you are planning on keeping it. If you're planning on flipping the lsv after a year, most buyers will view it as a two year old boat and you may take a bit more depreciation.

That 5 year warranty wil take a step back when you sit behind the helm of the LSV vs 22

Edited by Afun

For the price difference between the '15 and a '16 I can take care of a lot of "warranty" items on my own. It's not like the new warranty doesn't cost anything. My dealer has the '16s going up 9+% over last year.

Congrats!

For the price difference between the '15 and a '16 I can take care of a lot of "warranty" items on my own. It's not like the new warranty doesn't cost anything. My dealer has the '16s going up 9+% over last year.

Eeeek! The numbers didn't seem that drastic when I got a quote on a '16 T22 a couple days ago over my '15 T22 I ordered back in March.

I'm seriously considering ordering a '16 T22 to replace my '15 T22, one for the warranty, but two for additional options I should have gotten or was unaware of when I ordered 6 months ago. Price is a bit steep when you consider the loss on my '15 and price increase of the '16, but I'm considering it.

Congrats!

Eeeek! The numbers didn't seem that drastic when I got a quote on a '16 T22 a couple days ago over my '15 T22 I ordered back in March.

I'm seriously considering ordering a '16 T22 to replace my '15 T22, one for the warranty, but two for additional options I should have gotten or was unaware of when I ordered 6 months ago. Price is a bit steep when you consider the loss on my '15 and price increase of the '16, but I'm considering it.

Sorry I should have clearly stated that Malibu went up 9+%. I am not sure how much axis went up between 15 and 16. I would assume the usual 5 to 6%.

I've had the bug to upgrade too. My dealer just sold his last 15 tho so that idea is disappearing quickly.

ID - boat is gorgeous, I really like all of the colors. Do you have a stereo plan?

They have had the boat since July. There are 2 other parties interested in the boat and I know what their price is. I am very happy with our price. Could I find one cheaper? Probably. Will I stray away from my dealer? NOPE. :)

Good call... definitely was NOT suggesting you stray. Penny wise and pound foolish