Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you do?

ID AX

Long story short. We have been looking at ordering a '16 T22 and with all the options we want including the 450 motor, the price is getting up there. We went to the dealership today and they have a '15 LSV that we could get for just under 15K more. It doesn't have a ton of options but does have the LS3 motor which is a must for us. Any input or opinions are welcome. Link for LSV below. Pics don't show it but it does come with bimini and dealer will install a heater for us. Also pnp will be included with both boats.

http://idahowatersports.com/inventory/2015-malibu-23lsv/

I like the LSV so much better. Just a richer, nicer boat.

My guess is at resale time down the road the LSV will bring a lot more money to justify the extra purchase price. Good luck!

• Like 2

I'd go for the 5 year warranty on a 16 if you are planning on keeping it. If you're planning on flipping the lsv after a year, most buyers will view it as a two year old boat and you may take a bit more depreciation.

ahopkins22LSV

Power wedge 2 is a huge plus. You can adjust the wave ALOT with it. Dash is awesome too. T22 wave is very impressive and very nice dialed in but I would say the lsv has slightly more potential with more weight.

Really I the only other different a is the different style and finishes between the two. I personally like the Malibu a bit more but axis has come a long ways too! Both are great options. Idk what I would do because you get to pick everything on a 2016 axis and you get the five year warranty.

We currently have a '14 A22 and the new axis boats have come a long way. Having said that, the LSV is more comfortable. Some of the issues I have with axis are addressed by the LSV. Windshield, Bimini and the look of the dash. I really like the idea of the 5 year warranty but the cost of a '16 is way more than this '15. I really like the idea of the LS3 with 1.5 GR over the 6.0 450 with 1.76 GR. Semi closed cooling and lower rpms are a plus.

Edited by ID AX

Get the LSV. You know you want it!

Don't think of it as $15k more. Just concentrate on the fact that it's a better buy (for what it is). The price on the LSV is likely very good cuz it's the end of the season.

Do you like the colors? Got pics?

• Like 1

$15k is a lot of scratch....to me. But another way you could help justify it is this is a 23ft boat vs a 22ft boat. So for a true apples to apples comparison you'd probably need to look at T23 pricing w/ all the options you want and I bet the difference is less than $15k, which may make it easier to justify the year old Malibu.

To me that 23LSV is too bland color wise, if I'm spending that kind of money I'm getting the colors I WANT, not settling for. YMMV. GL!

thats a tough one. I have the ls3 in my axis. And the thing is a beast. I'm not sure how the 6.0 450 is, but I would go with an axis also. $15k is a lot of money when in the long run, both boats will do the exact same thing. However, I get a bit frustrated driving my buddies lsv, dealing with touch screens. I like simplicity.

I could also find a million other ways to spend the $15k that you would be saving.

If you have the means and the $15k doesn't hurt any of your other financial plans, I say run with the LSV. It's a beautiful boat. I like the colors and it has the engine you want, so if it's not putting you in a compromised financial position and you plan on keeping it for a while, I say do it.

That LSV will likely hold its value better than a 16 Axis. The additional cost may not be as high as it looks since that LSV will be worth more when you sell.

This is one of our major considerations. The axis would be a 3 year boat and the depreciation would likely be as much as the difference between the two. The lsv will be a 10 year boat.

Edited by ID AX

did a demo on a lsv with the ls3 tonight. Holy Crap what a motor. We ran it with the 1235 and about 3500lbs of ballast. RPMs were around 3200 and she jumped out of the water like it was nothing. Extremely impressed with this boat. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Touch screen is super easy to use. I am still pretty novice at wake surfing but that wave was a blast. I really enjoyed being able to change the shape with the wedge. Tough decisions ahead

did a demo on a lsv with the ls3 tonight. Holy Crap what a motor. We ran it with the 1235 and about 3500lbs of ballast. RPMs were around 3200 and she jumped out of the water like it was nothing. Extremely impressed with this boat. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Touch screen is super easy to use. I am still pretty novice at wake surfing but that wave was a blast. I really enjoyed being able to change the shape with the wedge. Tough decisions ahead

Uh oh... you're screwed. Sounds like you know EXACTLY what you wanna do.

Muhahaha!!

That is a nice LSV. I really like the colors. I was in a similar situation last fall as my dealer was offering a leftover VLX that was an incredible deal but I didn't LOVE the boat. Sure it was nice but it didn't have many of the options I wanted. It came to the point where I thought I was dumb for not jumping all over it. I am very mechanical and can add most options myself that would have been required but did I really want to get a new boat, that I could make close to what I wanted but never exactly?

$15K between the two is probably a smoking deal and if you can handle, go for it but for me personally, ordered exactly what I wanted. Didn't have to look at a cold boat in the garage all winter and $15K could be spent on a lot of options and trips to the lake.