Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 23 LSV Speed Control

I know similar has been covered but not exact. Boat has Hammerhead and I guess stock prop but no problem getting to surf speed (11.2) fully loaded (3600 lbs). Lately my speed control will not lock on. I can be at speed but the little square does not show up or is way off for being able to line up corner to corner. Sometimes I even get "Need More Throttle" but I am already at speed. Seems like this happens more often when we get to surf speed quickly.

Was looking at Nauti Logic before this started happening for more consistent speed. Anyone ever experience this? Only when surf weighted, no problem when kids wakeboard at 19 with minimal weight.

Thanks for any help!!

Only trouble I had with mine (06) when new was that the cruise wouldn't hold speeds below 11 or 12 or so. I seem to remember we

liked to surf at 10.5 or there about and it wouldn't engage. The dealership mechanic reflashed the computer and it worked fine ever since.

Worth a check to see if you need a reflash?

• 2 weeks later...

So I installed the Nauticlogic device this weekend on boat. Finally loaded down to surf today but unfortunately it did not fix my problem. Boat will get to surf speed no problem but either runs away over set point or will not engage. If I slow my surf speed down to 10.5 it will lock on, but if I set to 11.2 - 11.5 will not work. One other thing is if I add weight to front of boat it will usually lock on. This makes me think it has something to do with slightly lower RPM's, however weighted at my desired speed I am only running 3200.

Only other thing I can think of is about a month ago the throttle hung wide open while wife was pulling up surfer and luckily I was in boat and immediately shut off ignition. Throttle has been a little sticky since but nothing major.

Any ideas? I am racking my brain and could use some help. Closest dealer 2.5 hours away.

Bigger prop.

Ndawg

Thanks for reply but could you elaborate? At 11.2 I have no problem getting there and running 3200 RPM, Speed control just want lock and ask for more throttle, then will over shoot.

If in fact bigger prop, do you know what size I should go and will this lower RPM's

Thanks again for reply.

Ndawg

Thanks for reply but could you elaborate? At 11.2 I have no problem getting there and running 3200 RPM, Speed control just want lock and ask for more throttle, then will over shoot.

If in fact bigger prop, do you know what size I should go and will this lower RPM's

Thanks again for reply.

When you say stock prop I'm guessing the Acme 537, Which is a 13.5" prop. Is this a new problem and you've been able to hold speed in the past? Or are you new to this setup and/or it's always been an issue? 3600 lbs is a decent amount of weight and might require at least an upgrade to something like the Acme 1235 which is a 14.5" prop or a 2315/2313 which are 15's. I just know that a more aggressive prop holds speed better. There are plenty of options so dialing in the ideal prop for your usage would require more info like 50% cruising, 25% surfing, 15% tubing, 10% wakeboarding etc....

When you say stock prop I'm guessing the Acme 537, Which is a 13.5" prop. Is this a new problem and you've been able to hold speed in the past? Or are you new to this setup and/or it's always been an issue? 3600 lbs is a decent amount of weight and might require at least an upgrade to something like the Acme 1235 which is a 14.5" prop or a 2315/2313 which are 15's. I just know that a more aggressive prop holds speed better. There are plenty of options so dialing in the ideal prop for your usage would require more info like 50% cruising, 25% surfing, 15% tubing, 10% wakeboarding etc....

Have been weighting boat like this since May with Gosurfassist tabs. Would do this ever once in a while but now it is becoming a major Pain In The Arss. Boat sits on lift, weight down and idle past the buoys and start surfing 70%, kids wakeboard 15%, tube 10% and cruise 5%. Lake is on the smaller side so when I do cruise around it is rarely over 30mph. I am all for lowering RPM while surfing and maintaining a good wave.

Thanks Ndawg

You'll get many recommendations but I've been really happy with my 2313. I can load up about 3500-4k lbs and surf around 11-11.6 at 2900-3100rpm.

After too much thinking about it I ordered a 2313 today from Nettles. Since they are close to me in Texas I should have it by Saturday. Will let you know how it works for me.

I did verify yesterday that I am currently running a 537.

Thanks for your input!

After too much thinking about it I ordered a 2313 today from Nettles. Since they are close to me in Texas I should have it by Saturday. Will let you know how it works for me.

I did verify yesterday that I am currently running a 537.

Thanks for your input!

No problem, please keep us posted!! Check the unloaded hole shot and then don't be shy filling that thing up. You have a totally different boat now, 537 to the 2313 is a big step (I had a 1235 in between). You should top out around 40 but you can get there so much quicker :thumbup:

No problem, please keep us posted!! Check the unloaded hole shot and then don't be shy filling that thing up. You have a totally different boat now, 537 to the 2313 is a big step (I had a 1235 in between). You should top out around 40 but you can get there so much quicker :thumbup:

Wow! Performed exactly as I was hoping it would with the 2313. Empty, cruising at 25 and 30, RPM's were around 200 higher and holeshot was awesome. Most importantly to me loaded with 3700 lbs and 11.2 mph my RPM's were at 2800 instead of 32-3300 with the 537. Lost 2-3 mph top speed (no big deal too me).

Boat had less vibration and tracked better also..........................Super happy with this prop for my application.

Thanks for the recommendation Ndawg!

Wow! Performed exactly as I was hoping it would with the 2313. Empty, cruising at 25 and 30, RPM's were around 200 higher and holeshot was awesome. Most importantly to me loaded with 3700 lbs and 11.2 mph my RPM's were at 2800 instead of 32-3300 with the 537. Lost 2-3 mph top speed (no big deal too me).

Boat had less vibration and tracked better also..........................Super happy with this prop for my application.

Thanks for the recommendation Ndawg!

And also forgot to mention what started this whole thing. Speed control locked right on every time!!!