Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New dash to bright

So I did see in another topic they touched on the brightness of the new dash 15' but didn't talk about it much. Did anybody notice the darn dash blinds you at night. The only way I can drive is throwing a towel over everything. I did hit the night button to dim it and also I did see the adjustments in setting for dimming it even more but definitely not low enough to drive without cover. Any body have a solution or am I missing something else. I'm thinking of making a cover made of simple window tint that I can pop on and off

Totally agree. Out more at night then the day and it is way to bright. I usually tilt it down and look over window so i don't run into stuff:)

They may have fixed this for 2106. I don't recall mine being too bright. I owned a 2010 Malibu that was too bright at night, but had two levels to dim it. I was a little surprised when my 2016 had just the one dimmer. I use that both for day and night, but still don't recall mine being too bright.

BTW - My interior lights are too bright, and I don't think I can dim them like I could in the 2010.

Totally agree. Out more at night then the day and it is way to bright. I usually tilt it down and look over window so i don't run into stuff:)

How do you spend more time on the water at night then during the day?

Tried tiling the dash it is to tight to be moving around I crack the dash support underneath already and it's both screens not just the big one I run the chart plotter so I don't end up on a island but here what I was thinkingpost-30605-0-64060900-1443903566_thumb.j

How do you spend more time on the water at night then during the day?

Run Watersports company, so day time busy with that. Only time to go have fun is from 7pm on:P