Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Value of used amp?

dalt1

I have a used (2 years,works perfect)

Exile-xi1500-1500w-bass-amplifier

Have had it listed in classifieds for months. Thought someone here would surely snap it up. Maybe I have it listed too high? What do you think it should be listed at? I think they retail at about $700. I can't even seem to get a half price offer. Also have it on Craigslist, no luck there either.

Probably yes. A general rule I use when selling things.. If I am not getting any calls within a few weeks, I probably have it listed too high. And the longer it's for sale the more value it loses. That particular amp is a discontinued.

I wouldn't buy a used amp or any electronics of Craigslist, too many scammers on there and I wouldn't trust they worked properly and it would be to much hassle to me to hook it up and test it. I would however buy used stereo gear off this forum. Strange how fellow tmc members don't feel like total strangers and there is a sense of trust Price it right and leave it on this forum, winter is coming and people will want to mod.

The market on that amp is tough as you're going to need someone that is building out a large system and typically those people are having it built for them or matching everything up new. If it were a 1500 watt 6 channel general purpose amp I'd be all over it. As it sits my current set up thumps well enough for my purposes. Unfortunately your choices are sit on it or make it so appealing that someone will basically buy it on principle alone. GLWS