Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Install Done!

malibudreamin

I just picked up my boat from the dealer after reading all the threads we went with a replacement of the 4 cabin speakers, javelin amp, and 12" sub.

They put the sub in a box and put it behind the foot panel so it looks exactly the same as it did before. I like the stealth look. In fact, with the exception of the new grills on the 6.5's in the cabin you cannot tell that anything has been done.

Sounds awesome though.

We're headed to the river tomorrow to test it out.

Thank you all for your help!!

• Like 3

Are you getting any feedback when engine is running? On my Javelin I have to keep the gains for cabin speakers somewhat lower than I would like or else I start to get a faint whining noise when engine is running. I have checked about everything possible (common grounds, loose rca jacks, etc...), someone else also had issues with the same noise on a 2015 and ended up being the GPS puck. This noise would go away when puck was unplugged. I still have enough power for the cabin speakers but for some reason that GPS puck seems to throw some type of feedback to the amps. Anyone else experience this? Other than that I have been very pleased with my exile system, and I definitely can't blame this issue on Exile, its more of a Malibu/zero off issue.

edit: assuming you have a 2015 with new dash and zero off gps?

Edited by Fman

I had a similar issue, and we have the wiring similar. I wired the power switch back to the blocks on the amp board, and that solved it. I had it wired to the fuses by the driver seat and that is where the noise was coming from. Just a thought

Actually, I do have a faint whine when the engine is running but to be fair Brian and Exile told me that I would but he said it was because I'm still using th RF deck. He wanted me to use his EQ and skip the deck to avoid the noise. I may still do that at some point but overall I'm happy with the set up. I only noticed it when idling waiting at the dock.

I had a similar issue, and we have the wiring similar. I wired the power switch back to the blocks on the amp board, and that solved it. I had it wired to the fuses by the driver seat and that is where the noise was coming from. Just a thought

I will re wire that switch this winter and see what happens. I also am currently running the toggle off the fuse bar by drivers seat, I figured that would make no difference where the hot was coming from.

Bunji, are you wired same way on your toggle switch?

Edited by Fman

I will re wire that switch this winter and see what happens. I also am currently running the toggle off the fuse bar by drivers seat, I figured that would make no difference where the hot was coming from.

Mine was wired to the fuse bar as well. That bar creates a lot of interference. I installed a camera and ran the power from the fuse bar for the camera and the moment the engine starts it makes the picture choppy and gives it static. I'll be re wiring that as well. Just an fyi

another perfect example of why we should be able to TAG a user in a specific post........

I am also planning to re wire to my EQ and drop the RF head unit from the set up

• Like 3

I will highly recommend, the next phase of the system upgrade is to throw an equalizer in there. It really makes all the difference being able to adjust cabin and tower speaker volumes. Sometimes those tower speakers are unnecessarily blowing people in the back up, and when the cabin speakers is all that is needed.

Can I ask how much it cost for the install of your new hardware?

I will highly recommend, the next phase of the system upgrade is to throw an equalizer in there. It really makes all the difference being able to adjust cabin and tower speaker volumes. Sometimes those tower speakers are unnecessarily blowing people in the back up, and when the cabin speakers is all that is needed.

Can I ask how much it cost for the install of your new hardware?

Sure - Tilly's in Norco did the work and they charged me 3 hrs at $125/ hr plus $90 for the sub box. For me, it seemed reasonable since I'm not too interested in completing that project. I've been quoted an additional 3 hrs labor when I install the tower speakers. I bought the gear directly from Exile and had it shipped to the dealer direct. I bought the Javelin bundle with the sub and the 4 cabin speakers right off the web site.

Took it out last weekend and pretty happy with the set up. Probably do the towers next year. Baby steps...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's the purpose of the toggle switch?

It serves as the on/off source or button when not running a head unit. So if you choose to run everything through an EQ this would be a good option.