Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Missed my opportunity - looking for 05-07 VLX (West Coast)

fouroheight68

I'm looking for a 05-08 VLX on the West Coast in the 30-35k range, under 500 hours. YES - they do exist. I figure it's worth a shot to ask on here if anyone knows of one coming up for sale before next summer.

I missed my opportunity on a 1 owner 150 hour 06 VLX for 31500 because I had a baby the same week it went up for sale! If I had bought it, it would have cashed out 100% of my savings which I just couldn't do with my wife taking 3 months off work. Plus, I didnt want a beautiful boat in my driveway that I couldn't use all summer. Bad timing! Keep your eyes peeled for me please eek.gif, email is [email protected] if anyone knows of something coming up.

Edited by fouroheight68

There are a few on boattrader for just under 35k. Not too optioned out though. For that age range I wouldn't be trying too hard to stay under 500 hours. A well maintained boat with more on it will be less problems than a neglected boat that has sat unused.

• Like 1

There are a few on boattrader for just under 35k. Not too optioned out though. For that age range I wouldn't be trying too hard to stay under 500 hours. A well maintained boat with more on it will be less problems than a neglected boat that has sat unused.

Yeah, I've looked at every one listed for sale right now. Just fishing to see if anyone knows of another that isnt listed. Looking for a similar deal to what I had to wait on in June, or better.

Ha! That sounds very familiar. I started looking for the same thing. The unicorn boat. Clean, well maintained, exactly the color I wanted and cheap. I knew they were out there. After looking for 2 years and being very close on a couple, I ended up spending double what my budget was on a new one. Have fun, enjoy the search.

Ha! That sounds very familiar. I started looking for the same thing. The unicorn boat. Clean, well maintained, exactly the color I wanted and cheap. I knew they were out there. After looking for 2 years and being very close on a couple, I ended up spending double what my budget was on a new one. Have fun, enjoy the search.

They show up every few weeks... I got my 02 centurion hurricane for 13500 for example, used it a few years and sold it for 23k in June. I have an 06 MC X1 with 300 hoursI have my eye on for 24000, but its too small, although I love the wake!

Thanks for the leads guys! US is about .75 to Canada, so tempting, but I'd rather purchase in person. Lookign forward to hopefully being a Bu next summer!

Guess I better start looking at how much if a pain it is to get one across the border then.

Our G23 is being Sold to a guy in Havasu. He is flying up to Calgary and my brother is going to take him and the boat across the border where he is meeting his shipper and going to jump in with him the rest of the way. Not sure what paperwork is involved but I will know more next weekend. I have brought several boats into Canada but never the other way... From what I understand it is pretty simple.

Our G23 is being Sold to a guy in Havasu. He is flying up to Calgary and my brother is going to take him and the boat across the border where he is meeting his shipper and going to jump in with him the rest of the way. Not sure what paperwork is involved but I will know more next weekend. I have brought several boats into Canada but never the other way... From what I understand it is pretty simple.

From my 10 minutes of research it seems like it would be possible for a cash buyer. Curious about the paperwork process for getting it registered in the states though.

From my 10 minutes of research it seems like it would be possible for a cash buyer. Curious about the paperwork process for getting it registered in the states though.

The guy buying the G23 has a loan. The lender sent out an independent surveyor to look over the boat and verify serial numbers. Also making the buyer get an inspection. The importation is the unknown however speaking with my dealer he says its pretty simple and doesn't cost anything.