Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Little help for a friend, first time buyer

Kalamazoo

Texas Malibu, formerly Central Texas Water Sports (CTWS), would be his best bet if he's in Austin. They have a store there, and another just north of New Braunfels at the Texas Ski Ranch (TSR).

TSR used to be the local Mastercraft dealership, but they switched over to Malibu and merged with CTWS about two years ago. They've been a solid dealership for a long time, as has CTWS.

They pretty regularly have "demo days" on Lake Austin, often at the Hula Hut [or some other lakeside establishment]. Good food there, and, at least in the past, they would give you a $10 drink voucher

for the bar just for showing up! Of course, I don't know if they have any upcoming on-the-water events. But, if he's really interested in a particular model of Malibu/Axis, I'm sure they'd be happy to take

him out (I did my "lake test" with them on Lake Georgetown and had, essentially, the whole lake to myself).

Edited by srab