Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV - Sub Enclosure Depth

Murphy8166

I just built one that is a pretty common application. It started out at 2.03 cu.ft and is 15" tall and 14.5" deep.

I built if for a 12w6v3. Making the internal volume of the box a little larger allows the opportunity to shorten the Port Length which is a big issue with the stadard 1.3 cu.ft. JL calls for and the really long port. I worked with one of JL's technicians on the design and he ran it through all the JL software. It fits nicely, need to confirm it one more time and then I will post dimension. It will sit on a carriage that keeps it about 3" from the floor.

It is only held together with a few nails in this photo - joint not squared up all the way.

12w6v3_zpscbbnq3zn.jpg

• Like 3

14.5" sounds a little too deep. I bet you'll run into the hoses (see pic 1 below).

On the other hand, you could easily go taller.

Raising it up off the floor will help you clear the hoses, but you're still gonna hit the big metal post on the left at that depth (see pic 2 below), unless you're not going to push it all the way back. Only issue there is your carpet. If you encroach too far out you'll be sitting in top of your carpet and won't be able to remove that piece of carpet.

Mine wasn't as deep as yours, but was several inches taller (same volume) and I was up against the bar on the rear left and just barely cleared the carpet after adding the kick panel (see pic 3-5). You can see from those pics that I planned my overall depth from the beginning to ensure that it would clear the carpet (allowing room for the baffle and the carpet kick panel).

10843_zpsrffuj4kd.jpg

20150411_152234_zpsojxgjbcy.jpg

20150405_182002_zpssptqqtzg.jpg

20150518_212358_zpsvcsu1wmd.jpg

20150524_205241_zpso3dv1izf.jpg

Edited by IXFE

Who says your platform has to come out 14.5 inches...maybe your platform comes out 13.5 and the sub box hangs over by inch...that way you can get to the front snaps of the carpet

IMG_3500_zpsindelcbk.png

IMG_3503_zpsf1chxcjw.jpg

Edited by Murphy8166