Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY Surfgate Questions

TXBu

I'm thinking about making my own surfgate setup for my 2000 sslxi this winter. Would any of you be willing to send me your diagram/drawings?

I'd love to make this look as seamless as possible so I'm thinking about having it foamed and then fiber-glassed.

A few basic questions:

What should i use for the hardware?

How can I control it from my dash?

Will I have to modify my swim platform?

Start reading my friend. Search for SlurpeeGate and TeakGate. Those are mine and MartinArcher's designs. Mine's ghetto, although I'm going to fix that finally now that my newborn isn't a newborn anymore, but is now 3.5yo and can enthusiastically hand me tools. :) Wow! Has it really been that long since this thing was invented? Anyways, MA's is fantastic with the integrated electronics. A real piece of art. I'm going to finally give him a run for his money this season though. :) [Teaser]

I have the same boat and have built a few diy gates. The stepped transom and the length of the teak deck has caused me to think that a gate won't work.

I've tried both a Malibu and NSS style gate and wasn't able to get anything significant.

Edited by braindamage

I have the same boat and have built a few diy gates. The stepped transom and the length of the teak deck has caused me to think that a gate won't work.

I've tried both a Malibu and NSS style gate and wasn't able to get anything significant.

Hmm...I just can't get a decent surf wave no matter what I do. If a surfgate won't work then I might as well forget it until its time for a new boat.........

Hmm...I just can't get a decent surf wave no matter what I do. If a surfgate won't work then I might as well forget it until its time for a new boat.........

Unfortunately that's where I am...maybe there are others who have had better luck that will prove us wrong

Start reading my friend. Search for SlurpeeGate and TeakGate. Those are mine and MartinArcher's designs. Mine's ghetto, although I'm going to fix that finally now that my newborn isn't a newborn anymore, but is now 3.5yo and can enthusiastically hand me tools. :) Wow! Has it really been that long since this thing was invented? Anyways, MA's is fantastic with the integrated electronics. A real piece of art. I'm going to finally give him a run for his money this season though. :) [Teaser]

:yahoo: I can't wait to see it!