Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
jmiller2496

Speaker tic tic noise

jmiller2496

06 VLX

Every once and a while the speakers tic. IT is more noticeable when the volume is lower and seems to happen randomly. I have tried moving the power speakers away from the amp and has mixed success, sometimes it works and sometimes not. Does anyone know the cause and most importantly how to fix?

thx

David

jm,

Because of how you describe the noise I would begin by pulling the power to the depth transducer.

teamerickson

I had that issue and it was the depth transducer. When you notice it listen down by the vdrive and see if you hear a similarly timed ticking noise.

jmiller2496

Could this be even when the engine is off?

MLA

Depth operation is not tied to engine running or not, so sure, could be present with or without engine running.

Lance B. Johnson

Does your system require your ignition to be on or not. In other words does your key have to be turned or do you have it wired through an aux switch? I've got exactly the same noise and I am sure it's the depth transducer.