Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth Finder Will not stop beeping!

jmiller2496

I have a 06 VLX and the depth finder beeps all the time. I do leave it in the water fyi. Is it beeping cause the it could be dirty or is it something else? Also is there an easy way to disconnect it?

Unplug it and install a whole new unit. You can get an entire unit cheaper than parts for the factory one. Hawkeye has one on amazon for around $100 with water and air thermometers

I'm interested in this too. Is it a direct replacement? Link?

Unplug it and don't look back. It will annoy the crap out of you if you don't. The aftermarket ones are more reliable and the whole unit is way cheaper than the transducer or module for the factory unit. It is a small plug on the left underside of dash. The module for the depth finder is the one with the transducer cable coming straight out the bottom.