Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wake skate storage and general rack question

Chatty21VLX

The 2 racks on my tower are in need of replacement. I have a wake skate, and it's just too fat to fit in the rack. Where do you guys store your skates? How wide is a surfboard slot on a rack? I think I saw one that was 4" and that would be way too wide. Same with a kneeboard slot.

I have a black tower on my boat, and really the only things that are chrome are my bow rails. Would it look better with polished or black racks?

Lastly, what are the rack manufacturers that make their stuff in the USA?

My brother had a really wide fiberglass skate that had to use a surf rack for storage. This season we bought wood skate for the kids and it fits in the wakeboard fork which is perfect because we carry a couple surf boards. I know on our 2004 with swoop tower I was able to just buy new forks (wake & surf) online for my existing racks. The larger fiberglass skate rides in the rear locker if we take it but we rarely take it anymore.