Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transfer

ozsurf

I just dont get the no life jacket thing...

Very cool move though.

he is a pro surfer who surfs crazy waves everyday without a vest. I think he will be okay on a little boat wake
  • Like 2

He will be OK 99.9999% of the time.

More importantly to me is that when my 6 year old son sees that video I know he will be more likely not to wear a jacket when he gets into his teens.

Professional athletes of all types wear protective gear (helmets, pads, etc).

Professional water sportsters behind a boat should wear life jackets. It's a good example and the law in most places. I second the life jacket, I don't get it.

Very cool video otherwise and unbelievable transfer!

• Like 2

Awesome transfer for sure but on the life jacket topic the ocean is so much different than the lake. A life jacket is could be your worst enemy in ocean surfing. It is two different animals. The ocean's salt water is way more buoyant than lake water and in most cases your body will be rolled to the surface for someone to find. The lake on the other hand, get the breath knocked out of you and take a huge intake of water and even the best swimmer with be going straight to the bottom. In most lakes that is deep and dark and even the best rescue swimmers would have problems finding you. On our boat i don't care how good you can surf, wakeboard, or swim, If your behind the boat you have a jacket on. Don't like it stay on the boat. I really don't even like to have people swimming without a jacket or at least one by there side while we are stopped chilling. I wish more people would do this because as fun as the lake can be, going home minus one person would make the lake suck for the rest of your life. I agree 100% Zac on the kids issue, my 8 year old has brought to my attention more than once about someone behind another boat not wearing a jacket. NOT COOL...

Thank goodness for surfgate systems, it's allowing awesome tricks like this to happen. That guy is legit, he makes surfing look like a sport and fun to watch! Best transfer I have ever seen on video...

That wake looks mackin' too, I wonder what boat it's behind?

Would love to see that guy behind a boat with a surf system to see if he could pull off a transfer like that, the yacht thing kind of is a buzzkill for me, I was thinking he was riding behind a wake boat. :(

when I saw the wave in the first one i was like wow tige really stepped it up!

But surfing behind a yacht? Think about what you could do when you weren't riding!

Pretty sweet!

Thanks for the lecture boys. We are adults and make our own decisions.

Not behind my boat they don't. After having one rider spit their head open on a board and almost sink to the bottom with no jacket it changed our ways very fast. I often think back to that day and wonder how I would have explained that one to family and cops and would I have been in anyway liable

• Like 2

we had the same accident. No one on our crew rides w/o a vest. But I'm not about to put on my steward of safety cap everytime someone posts a video either. Especially with adults. Jmo. I probably shot from the hip on that one but it's a peeve of mine.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

We already have enough laws in this country, and definitely in California, I say let the guy surf how he chooses... I would tow him behind my boat without a vest if he chose to ride that way and was willing to pay the ticket if we got busted. Wake surfing is a slow enough activity I would feel okay with it. Wakeboarding not so much, would definitely never tow anyone without a vest.

I am guilty, a few years ago some friends from santa cruz came out with us for the day and one of them wake surfed without a vest. The lake was empty, mid week and he surfs all the time in the ocean. I don't recommend it but he is an adult and can make his own choices.

I say riding a motorcycle without a helmet is much more dangerous, but that is just my opinion.

Having a 30 foot yacht definitely helps with that wake :) it's funny the guy mentions Tige in his post

https://vimeo.com/139561236

"Wow"l haven't seen that full version

How do they get that ship to transfer that quick?

When I watch in slow mode il looks like a surf gate on the starboard side?

Anyone know how it's done?

Cheers

Having a 30 foot yacht definitely helps with that wake :) it's funny the guy mentions Tige in his post

No doubt, however, that is more like a 45-50' boat.

I agree with Ahop. I think they are just using the trim tabs (aka surf tabs gen 0)