Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 23lsv height

Jaredmetz

was wondering if anyone can tell me what the over all height on the 2016 23lsv is when it is on the trailer with the tower up? They have the height with the tower folded down on there web site but not when it is up.

I wonder if the new Malibu trailers sit lower than the Boatmate. My boat would brush the tower light if I was almost out of gas, and also when it was brand new. Boatmate said it would settle a couple inches over the first few months. And it did by 2 or 3 inches I would guess.

so an additional 1/2"?

Theoretically yes, because a 1" taller tire will only move the axles up by the 1/2" on the bottom of the tire. But there are other variables. For example, does the rest of the Malibu trailer structure move up as well (i.e. taller suspension) in order to maintain the same tire clearance as the Boatmate trailers? My guess is they do. Otherwise there would be less room for the 1/2" of extra tire on the top.

Only a tape measure can answer this riddle, and I haven't gone to that length yet. But I will say, the boats look taller on the trailer to my naked eye.

Theoretically yes, because a 1" taller tire will only move the axles up by the 1/2" on the bottom of the tire. But there are other variables. For example, does the rest of the Malibu trailer structure move up as well (i.e. taller suspension) in order to maintain the same tire clearance as the Boatmate trailers? My guess is they do. Otherwise there would be less room for the 1/2" of extra tire on the top.

Only a tape measure can answer this riddle, and I haven't gone to that length yet. But I will say, the boats look taller on the trailer to my naked eye.

I do agree with it being taller. I can look into my 2012 but this 2016 I am looking at is above my head. And I was hoping that someone used a tape measure!!

Any pics of there trailer production facility? I am surprised they have nothing available online to look at, I would think they would be advertising this for "better quality control" being built in house.

I haven't seen any pics. But the stated reason for bringing it in house is they claim "better value" for dealers and customers. So it sounds like they were unhappy paying whatever Boatmate's monopoly pricing and figured they could do it cheaper... it's not like welding trailers together is rocket science.

Here's a pic comparing my 2015 Boatmate on 18's to a 2016 Malibu on 18's. The difference is obvious. Personally I like the low profile setup better.

20150911_135810_zpsql6ay2ta.jpg

20150911_135753_zpsaszhpx4h.jpg

If I didn't see them next to each other, I wouldn't know they were made by different manufacturers. Same with the tires, I wouldn't know they were a taller tire unless I was looking at both.

Any pics of there trailer production facility? I am surprised they have nothing available online to look at, I would think they would be advertising this for "better quality control" being built in house.

There is a picture in a thread somewhere ;) Maybe the what is new for 2016 thread

I was told that it was 9'11" on the Malibu boat trailer.

Like I said, my 2014 barely fits under a 10 foot door. Don't be surprised if you are light on fuel you may scrape the tower light.