Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sunsetter Lxi thoughts

Steve B.

Monsoon was plenty for the 99-04 SSLXi's. Not sure you would ever find one with a bigger engine unless it has been replaced.

Agreed. Mine happens to have a 330 Black Scorpion, but that's essentially the same as the Monsoon. I was hesitant regarding the Mercruiser, but I've grown to really like it and there are a lot of sites for reference and to buy parts etc.

Here's one in Tennesse. Had we not just bought our 2000 a few weeks ago, this may have been one we would have pursued. http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/5237566312.html

If I was in the market for a boat, I'd be all over that thing. Sure, the 2001 has some nice upgrades, but that boat and a fresh acme 525 and you're in business. Looks to be well kept, too.

• 2 weeks later...

As has been mentioned, the difference between the 2000 and 2001 is minor (only the dash). More important to me would be condition. I have owned a 2000, and now own a 99. I do prefer the 2000 over the 99 due to the added accent colors in the gelcoat, and the 3 piece rear seat vs the 1 piece. The dash switch difference is too minor for me, so color and condition would trump the year from 2000-2004.

The most important question would be what year did they add the cupholder down at the driver's feet, because neither the 1999 or 2000 have one. Major design flaw!! :biggrin:

Once a Bison, Always a Bison!

• 7 months later...
On 9/29/2015 at 11:34 AM, Asmodeus2112 said:

Agreed. Mine happens to have a 330 Black Scorpion, but that's essentially the same as the Monsoon. I was hesitant regarding the Mercruiser, but I've grown to really like it and there are a lot of sites for reference and to buy parts etc.

My last V drive was powered by Mercruiser. Never skipped a beat. They are all the same except for the computers for the most part.

On September 28, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Brodie said:

As has been mentioned, the difference between the 2000 and 2001 is minor (only the dash). More important to me would be condition. I have owned a 2000, and now own a 99. I do prefer the 2000 over the 99 due to the added accent colors in the gelcoat, and the 3 piece rear seat vs the 1 piece. The dash switch difference is too minor for me, so color and condition would trump the year from 2000-2004.

The most important question would be what year did they add the cupholder down at the driver's feet, because neither the 1999 or 2000 have one. Major design flaw!! :biggrin:

I added a cupholder last summer. I think the entire thing was $10-15 and took me all of 15mins.

Btw...I LOVE my 2000 Lxi!

34 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Wow that is clean. Looks like a good price too. I did buy a 2002 a few weeks ago !  

Steve B.

Where are the pics!?

• Like 3

Ha, I'll definitely post some. Wont be till Memorial weekend though !  If that, I gotta work then of course. This summer is getting off to a very slow start.

Steve B.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, believe it or not. I haven't had it out yet this year. Memorial weekend plans with the sister. This weekend work. But I will get her out next weekend for sure. I do still have a great running 95. So, I'm collecting Sunsetters, ha !  Don't know if I'm going to sell it, or possibly donate it to my brother and his son. 

It's a gorgeous boat, and in the driveway the engine sounds like a million dollars. Previous owner put some serious cash into the stereo. Pic's soon,

Steve B.